Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
What You'll Gain
Shipt is about creating new paths forward, and accomplishing goals, and the Shipt legal team is no different. You'll join a small group dedicated to helping our business partners accomplish their ideas and projects. We are looking for a flexible legal mind who can see the big picture and problem-solve without getting too caught up by the way it has always been done. Does this sound like you? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Shipt has a wide variety of business partners both internal and external who will look to you for contract drafting, negotiating, and guidance. You'll work closely with our internal Business Development, Partner Success and Marketing teams as well as communicate (video, in-person or phone) with external business partners to understand their legal needs. You will also maintain our contract management system and help our business teams manage renewals.
Our current legal team of two is based in San Francisco and you'll work independently in Birmingham on a day to day basis and be comfortable connecting via phone and video conference. Our team is approachable and good natured and known for being autonomous and being excited to step out of comfort zones to pitch in and get things done. We are a fast-moving company with ever-changing deadlines; you'll need to utilize your inherent entrepreneurial, problem-solving skills to complete tasks. There will be some travel between our Birmingham and San Francisco offices and occasionally to meet with business partners.
- 2-4 years of experience in commercial law with a focus on contracts.
- Experience in drafting new commercial agreements that may be unfamiliar.
- Great attention to detail and comfortability negotiating documents.
- Good business acumen and financial common sense.
- Strong communication, sense of humor and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate complicated legal issues in plain English to business partners.
- Proficiency in legal writing and research.
- Technologically savvy… We are a tech company after all.
- A law degree from an accredited university.
Nice To Haves
- In-house gig economy work is a plus, but law firm refugees are also encouraged to apply.
- Ability to maintain a good attitude and sense of humor through times of stress are a big plus.
- MBA or 1-2 years of business experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected status.