To source new and improved vendors in the U.S, Mexico, Europe and Asia for supply procurement of Automotive and Hydraulic Equipment Sales
- Lead and execute sourcing projects to include negotiation and pricing strategy development for supplier agreements, preparation of RFP’s, identify all suppliers, supplier negotiations.
- Source projects for a multi-location company.
- Proactively identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Acquire and maintain a technical understanding of services/products sourced.
- Build, establish and maintain relationships with financial and operational team to ensure full understanding and support of sourcing initiatives.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships; hold suppliers accountable to deliver contractual commitments.
- Create realistic timelines during initiative planning and then meet deadlines to deliver high quality contracts.
- Continuously keep supervisor updated on initiative status, promptly notify supervisor when help is needed.
· Responsible for supply planning and analysis and supply market research.
· Must stay abreast of business requirements and market trends.
· Up to 50% travel time required
· Fluency in Spanish is highly encouraged
· Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
· Skilled with technology-based systems
· Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· High motivation and results-oriented work ethic
· Technical sourcing process knowledge
· Ability to conduct analyses required during a sourcing initiative
· Ability to build strong relationships with suppliers
· Ability to manage more than one initiative at once
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to perform analysis and interpret the results into actionable steps
- 5+ years of directly related sourcing, contracting or purchasing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Up to 50% travel required
- Mechanical Background Required