Personal Care Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
Personal Care Assistant
Schedule: Part time and Full Time Available, for Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings
Location: Anchorage, AK
Main Office Number: 907-346-6200
This position provides in-home care, by supporting and assisting individuals who experience physical disabilities, with activities of daily living. Responsibilities include providing direct care, supervision, companionship, etc. Employees need their own transportation to and from consumer's home. Individuals receiving supports are often dependent on employees for transportation needs, to access medical appointments.
- Implements support services as outlined in the Personal Care Service Plan with activities of daily living- assisting with daily personal hygiene, locomotion, dressing, toileting, repositioning, feeding, cooking and household chores as needed.
- Under the direction of the individual’s physician, assists the individual to correctly take medications, with documentation.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, families, and professionals to monitor and establish an effective treatment plan.
- Performs lifting duties safely and uses appropriate techniques and body mechanics when performing job duties.
- Transporting clients to and from personal appointments.
- Models positive communications and promotes community connections with individuals.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Six (6) months experience working or volunteering with individuals who experience disabilities preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older, per State of Alaska regulations.
- Possess a valid driver license, insurance, and provide a driving record that meets agency guidelines.
- Pass a criminal background check under state regulation.
- Attend all necessary training (CPR and First Aid).
Our Mission: Our Mission is to help meet the physical, mental, and emotional needs of those we serve by improving their quality of life, delivering humanitarian excellence, extraordinary quality service and compassionate care.
Our Benefits: Our health benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision. We also offer generous Paid Time Off when eligible.
Next Steps: If you are interested in helping us realize our vision to enrich the lives of all we serve, please take a moment to apply online at https://shinebrightcare.com/jobs/under the Employment tab.
Shine Bright Care
Personal CareView all jobs at Shine Bright Care