Government Contracts Administrator – Shimadzu Scientific Instruments (Columbia, MD)
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is one of the largest suppliers of analytical instrumentation, physical testing, and environmental monitoring systems in the world. Our products include Gas Chromatographs, Liquid Chromatographs, Mass Spectrometers, Total Organic Carbon Analyzers, UV-Vis Spectrometers, Fluorescence, Atomic Absorption, IR, X-Ray, and Universal Testing Machines. In 1975, SSI Corporate Headquarters was established in Columbia, Maryland and we currently have ten regional offices coast to coast.
The individual in this position will serve as the primary point of contact for all government purchasing contracts including the GSA schedule and various BPA (Blank Purchase Agreements). This role must build a successful relationship with pertinent purchasing/contracting offices, as they are required to develop and work with the Senior Management of Shimadzu to negotiate contract proposals, modifications and audits. The incumbent will provide contractual support for GSA schedules and prepare required submission reports to GSA. Additional duties include assisting in the management of routine contract administration, proposals, purchase orders and subcontracts for the sales division for all State and Municipality purchasing agreements. This individual will also work with the sales department on proper bid submission in relationship to relevant purchasing agreements and schedules. As well as perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This position is to provide support to the sales organization on GSA and other various government contract administration needs. This role will interact extensively with our legal, senior management, sales, business development, marketing, risk management and finance teams.
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Draft, evaluate and negotiate terms considering the expectations of our customers while minimizing the risk to the company.
- Trouble shoot and ensure timely compliance with agreements and regulations for sales contracts with federal, designated state and other entities upon VP of Sales request.
- Timely reporting and payment calculation as required by contract.
- Review formal bid responses and other general customer correspondence.
- Proactively identify and pursue improvements in contract management processes.
- Manage multiple priorities through analytical and creative problem solving.
- Act as the main customer contact point for contract administration with the GSA and other external sources.
- Work with pricing personnel to help generate necessary terms offer that are complaint contract terms.
- Interaction with authorized resellers, subcontractors/consultants, manufacturers, government end users and senior level managers.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation – correspondence, customer information/requests, contract changes, modifications, reports, …
- Develop, monitor and adhere to compliance process for GSA schedules and quarterly reporting. (weekly)
- Support Sales Team efforts - Qualify and Track leads.
The position’s primary focus is to support SSI’s GSA (and other various) contracts/schedules as well as centralize all state and municipalities purchasing contracts.
Time & Materials/fixed price
Blanket purchase agreements
ITAR and Export Regulations
Federal Acquisitions Regulations
Problem Solving/Customer Service
Quality System Auditing
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
The incumbent must be proficient at operating independently to research and solve problems. Must be able to effectively communicate and solve problems independently within set policies and procedures. The ability to prioritize multiple tasks under deadlines is required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The incumbent is required to have at least a high school diploma, while a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field is preferred. A minimum of two years administrative experience with contracts (GSA preferred) is required. Experience interacting with Government Contracting Officers is preferred. Computer skills with a thorough knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) are needed. Strong customer service and organizational skills are required.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.