Shilo Inns is the largest independent, privately family-owned and operated hospitality company in the Western United States. Each Shilo Inn has been designed to offer quality guest comfort at an affordable price. Our philosophy, commitment and mission is to provide the ultimate in genuine friendliness, along with clean, comfortable rooms and suites, all at an affordable price. Shilo Inns friendly, “attention to detail” oriented staff are dedicated to living up to Shilo’s motto of “Affordable Excellence”. More than 95% of all Shilo’s guests return and refer other guests.
The Shilo Inn Newport is looking for a Head Housekeeper to join our team. The ideal candidate will be someone who can not only provide our guests with a positive experience but someone who can provide great leadership and create a positive work environment for their staff. As the Head Housekeeper, you would be in charge of daily housekeeping supervisory duties, ensuring that every room is cleaned according to company standards. We need someone who can create a great team and focus on the job at hand. Come flourish with our team and be part of a company that appreciates the hard work and dedication of our employees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Have a complete working knowledge of the housekeeping department including both room attendant and laundry attendant
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised and maintain high standards while being sensitive to time deadlines
- Report guest/employee complaints immediately to the general manager
- Implement and ensure that proper key controls are in effect
- Greeting guests in hallways in a pleasant and friendly manner
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks, equally divide workload and work harmoniously with all team members
- Ensure guest privacy is respected and confidential
The minimum qualifications for the Head Housekeeper position are:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to move perform frequent and repetitive movements, including bending and stooping
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull a moderate weight frequently.