In this role, you will be responsible for retaining customers by sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm about our pricing, service, and technology. Our reps are very passionate and love the experience of re-selling the value of our products and services, with inbound and outbound calls to only existing customers.
This role has an hourly rate PLUS uncapped commission. The average total compensation is 50k-60k, with top performers earning much more with commission!
(Day to Day) Position Responsibilities & Functions
· Responsible for retaining merchants requesting to cancel. You will apply techniques and skills learned through on-going coaching, training, development, and mentorship to become a Payments, POS and merchant services expert.
· Be Empowered to think outside of the box and critically, going above and beyond to deliver the best retention package solution for every merchant by using web-based tools and sales methodologies.
· Develop and maintain proficiency of Shift 4 Products and a deep understanding of the Payments Industry, to speak confidently in a convincing professional manner with merchants.
· Work with sales partners, resellers, 3rd party vendors, and internal departments, to exhaust all options to retain merchants.
· Challenge yourself, strive to meet, and exceed daily and monthly target goals/quotas, driven by Retention/Sales.
Experience and Requirements
· Exceptional customer service skills, including strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
· Sales experience is preferred and will make a massive difference in your ability to take on this challenge
· Strong problem solving, creative and strategic thinking skills and ability to work well with all departments of Shift 4 Payments
· Dependable, with a strong sense of urgency and results-driven with target goals/quotas, leading to monthly incentives
· Comfortable spending the majority of your time on the phone
· Microsoft, Google Suite and CRM Experience Preferred
· Compensation & Benefits Include
· Full Time/40-hour work week, Monday – Friday (off weekends)
· Competitive hourly rate and unlimited commission based on performance
· Top performers can double their salary!
· Vacation & Personal Days/10+ Holidays Off/Early Dismissals
· Benefits including vision, dental and 401k
This group is always looking for motivated and driven individuals who can adapt as we continue to grow taking on new responsibilities.