Senior Product Designer
- Expired: May 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come help us build the 'Amazon' of the used car marketplace.
Our Design team is marching forward on our company's strategic priorities, helping Shift to take center stage as a leading and transformative e-commerce platform for auto sales. We are building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell cars that make life go.
The Shift Marketplace will have an expanded inventory assortment, offering consumers a wide range of options, (which is more important than ever) and will enable them to complete a transaction seamlessly. As a Product Designer at Shift, you'll partner with Product and Engineering to solve complex problems and design an experience that creates value and builds customer confidence across web and mobile platforms. You'll consider analytics and talk to customers to create a beautiful product that exceeds customer expectations and drives the business and strategy forward.
What You Will Do:
- Work through all phases of the design process to ship web and mobile products as well as the occasional brand or marketing project.
- Partner with Product Managers in conducting user interviews and testing prototypes to inform design decisions.
- Create user flows, wireframes, low-fidelity prototypes, and high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Clearly communicate your design decisions and the thinking behind them to the team and other stakeholders. Participate in weekly critiques with the Design team, sharing early and often.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Operations to ship high-quality features at scale.
What You Will Bring:
- 5+ years of product design experience with consumer products across web and mobile.
- Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent experience.
- A portfolio that tells the story of your work, shows your problem solving skills, outcomes and demonstrates strong interface design.
- The ability to communicate designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, and prototypes.
- Relevant product design industry experience working within Agile product and engineering teams.
- Working knowledge of JIRA and participating in sprint planning, backlog grooming, stand ups.
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe CC and prototyping tool(s).
- Additional familiarity with collaborative tools like Miro, LucidChart and FigJam.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- You have experience working at a startup.
- Front-end development skills.
- Strong skills in illustration, photography, or animation.
- Experience conducting your own user research.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and presentation software like Google Slides.
- Facilitating and apply Design Thinking techniques to solve customer and business-related problems.
We're a tech company who has built an e-commerce marketplace for customers to buy and sell used cars, all while having an experience that is fun, fair and accessible. We've set out to transform a huge industry using cutting-edge technology, and bring transparency and convenience to the car buying and selling process.
We aren't stopping there. We bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we're building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Shift is an equal opportunity employer. Shift prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Shift conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
BusinessView all jobs at Shift