Senior Data Scientist
- Posted: over a month ago
Data Scientists at Shift build things that matter and have a material impact to the company's bottom line and the customer's experience. In this role, you will drive exciting, meaningful projects, and help define our technical and product strategy. You will have an opportunity to innovate. We move fast, have fun, and help each other out.
We're looking for an experienced Sr. Data Scientist to help us build the world's best e-commerce and operations platform to drive car sales and acquisitions. As a senior technical leader, you are critical to our business and technical prowess. You will work directly with technical management at the company and raise the bar for Data Science and Machine Learning.What You Will Do:
- Be a key contributor to Shift's tech stack and technical processes, working with engineers throughout the organization, partnering with Data Science and TechOps.
- Demonstrate best practices by delivering high quality results to business.
- Provide technical leadership for data scientists with supportive but candid feedback in code reviews and architecture documents.
- Participate in build v buy decisions.
- Participate in technical design, project planning and lead development of critical projects.
- Passion for data, technology and people.
- PhD or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Computational Biology, or Econometrics.
- Practical data science experience with a deep technical background in supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods.
- Strong communicator - able to advocate data informed decision-making at all levels using visuals and narrative documents.
- Strong analytical capabilities to translate business problems into data science problems and implemented solutions.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, AWS Athena, Redshift, Sisense, Looker, Tableau or others.
- Experience with deploying to AWS SageMaker.
- Mentored junior data scientists, led projects to the finishing line.
- Strong experience in SQL and programming in Python or R.
- Strong mathematical background or computer science.
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis.
- Expert in Statistical Studies.
- Databrick experience.
- Redshift experience.
- Experience with monitoring, instrumentation tech, and vendor know-how (Segment, New Relic, Datadog, Pingdom and/or PagerDuty).
- Experience with Product Analytics like Google Analytics and/or Amplitude.
We're a tech company who has built an e-commerce marketplace for customers to buy and sell used cars, all while having an experience that is fun, fair and accessible. We've set out to transform a huge industry using cutting-edge technology, and bring transparency and convenience to the car buying and selling process.
We aren't stopping there. We bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we're building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Shift is an equal opportunity employer. Shift prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Shift conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
TechnologyView all jobs at Shift