SHIFT accelerates collaboration in the worlds of entertainment and advertising by making it possible to share highly-secured prerelease feature film, television, and commercial video files easily and instantly. Our suite of five products (Wiredrive, MediaSilo, SafeStream, Screeners, and the newly launched SHIFT) are trusted by many of the largest media companies in the world to protect and present their work from conception to completion, including more than half of last year’s Emmy nominees.
We are seeking a thoughtful and passionate Staff Accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant will have overall responsibilities for Accounts Payable, month-end close, journal entries and other projects as assigned.
Additional Selling Points:
- Opportunity to Build: Bring your creativity to our table! We aren’t just looking for innovative thinkers – we want to see you execute those ideas, too. Watching your idea come to life is a rewarding experience!
- Entrepreneurial Culture: You will be working with professionals that value innovative market approaches and strong critical thinking abilities.
- Professional Development: Take advantage of the opportunity to attend conferences, meet-ups, and formal training that will elevate your technical knowledge.
- Work/Life: I know. Every organization says they have a great work/life culture…but…our clients pay us for results (not work hours), we provide complete autonomy to deliver results that seamlessly fit into your lifestyle.
Reporting directly to our Corporate Controller, this position will work out of our Boston, MA office.
What you will be doing at SHIFT:
- Assist with the financial close process; preparing journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Provide support for all accounting functions. Prepare month-end journal entries and post to general ledger.
- Accounts Payable:
- Ensure all vendor invoices and employee expense reports are entered into the accounting system in a timely and accurate manner and are properly approved.
- Maintain and update vendor master data.
- Manage 1099 invoice and vendor classification, as well as year-end 1099 reporting.
- Address vendor inquiries, research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Assist with bi-weekly check runs.
- Maintain accounts payable ledger.
- Month-end financial close:
- The Staff Accountant will provide overall assistance to the Finance team with the month-end close, preparation of journal entries, analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, and will perform all other job-related duties or special projects that may be assigned.
· Provide relevant monthly reports to Management on a consistent and ad hoc basis.
· Assist with year-end financial audit requirements.
· Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
· Ensure GAAP compliance and accounting best practices.
· Maintain and update accounting policies and procedures as necessary.
· Continuously look for opportunities to generate efficiencies and increase the effectiveness of financial operations.
· Additional projects as needed.
What you bring to SHIFT:
· 2-3 years of accounting experience within a fast paced, professional environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance. CPA a plus.
· The ability to handle the demands of month and year-end close.
· Proficiency with Excel and general accounting principles.
· Experience using Quickbooks (current system) and/or Netsuite (future system).
· A conscientious and dependable attitude and possesses the ability to work with confidential information.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· The capability to work independently on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
· The ability to prioritize and function accurately and smoothly under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Great interpersonal skills.
Competitive salary with full benefits package. Great coworkers, exciting clients, and a fun and high-energy work environment.
· Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
· Retirement Plan (401k)
· Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
· Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
· Short Term & Long Term Disability
· Training & Development