We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Staff Accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant will have overall responsibilities for Accounts Payable, month-end close, journal entries and other projects as assigned.
Additional Selling Points:
- Opportunity to Build: Bring your creativity to our table! We aren’t just looking for innovative thinkers – we want to see you execute those ideas, too. Watching your idea come to life is a rewarding experience!
- Entrepreneurial Culture: You will be working with professionals that value innovative market approaches and strong critical thinking abilities.
- Professional Development: Take advantage of the opportunity to attend conferences, meet-ups, and formal training that will elevate your technical knowledge.
- Work/Life: I know. Every organization says they have a great work/life culture…but…our clients pay us for results (not work hours), we provide complete autonomy to deliver results that seamlessly fit into your lifestyle.
Reporting directly to our Corporate Controller, this position will work out of our Boston, MA office.
As a Staff Accountant, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Assist with the financial close process; preparing journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Provide support for all accounting functions. Prepare month-end journal entries and post to general ledger.
- Accounts Payable:
- Ensure all vendor invoices and employee expense reports are entered into the accounting system in a timely and accurate manner and are properly approved.
- Maintain and update vendor master data.
- Manage 1099 invoice and vendor classification, as well as year-end 1099 reporting.
- Address vendor inquiries, research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Assist with bi-weekly check runs.
- Maintain accounts payable ledger.
- Month-end financial close:
- The Staff Accountant will provide overall assistance to the Finance team with the month-end close, preparation of journal entries, analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, and will perform all other job-related duties or special projects that may be assigned.
- Provide relevant monthly reports to Management on a consistent and ad hoc basis.
- Assist with year-end financial audit requirements.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Ensure GAAP compliance and accounting best practices.
- Maintain and update accounting policies and procedures as necessary.
- Continuously look for opportunities to generate efficiencies and increase the effectiveness of financial operations.
- Additional projects as needed.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience within a fast paced, professional environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance. CPA a plus.
- The ability to handle the demands of month and year-end close.
- Proficiency with Excel and general accounting principles.
- Experience using Quickbooks (current system) and/or Netsuite (future system).
- A conscientious and dependable attitude and possesses the ability to work with confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The capability to work independently on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to prioritize and function accurately and smoothly under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
SHIFT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.