We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Senior Accountant to join our team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for overseeing our process associated with Revenue, Expense, and related Balance Sheet Accounts.
Additional Selling Points:
- Opportunity to Build: Bring your creativity to our table! We aren’t just looking for innovative thinkers – we want to see you execute those ideas, too. Watching your idea come to life is a rewarding experience!
- Entrepreneurial Culture: You will be working with professionals that value innovative market approaches and strong critical thinking abilities.
- Professional Development: Take advantage of the opportunity to attend conferences, meet-ups, and formal training that will elevate your technical knowledge.
- Work/Life: I know. Every organization says they have a great work/life culture…but…our clients pay us for results (not work hours), we provide complete autonomy to deliver results that seamlessly fit into your lifestyle.
Reporting directly to our Corporate Controller, this position will work out of our Boston, MA office.
As a Senior Accountant, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Direct responsibility for customer-related and revenue transactions including the review of customer contracts for appropriate recognition of revenue, maintaining billing/revenue system, preparing monthly revenue journal entries, analysis of customer accounts and churn, among other tasks.
- Perform month-end close including posting journal entries, calculating accruals, and reconciling accounts.
- Prepare timely monthly financial statements in coordination with the Corporate Controller.
- Provide relevant monthly reports to Management on a consistent and ad hoc basis.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual investor and bank reporting requirements.
- Assist with year-end financial audits and tax reporting requirements.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Ensure GAAP compliance and accounting best practices.
- Maintain and update accounting policies and procedures as necessary.
- Continuously look for opportunities to generate efficiencies and increase the effectiveness of financial operations.
- Additional projects as needed.
- 3-5 years accounting/finance experience, specifically month end close experience within a public or private company. Experience with a Technology/Software Company is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, CPA preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience working with revenue recognition for SaaS businesses strongly desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience using Quickbooks (current system) and/or Netsuite (future system), Salesforce.com, and Zuora preferred.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work to meet deadlines.
- Proven work ethic and possesses a “can-do” attitude.
- Strong ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, all departments, management, and external parties, to achieve creativity, problem solving and results.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to protect organization's value by keeping financial information confidential.