Director of Business Development and Strategy
Screeners and SafeStream
SHIFT is actively looking for a Director of Business Development and Strategy around the company’s content protection and screening room products. With double-digit growth, an established product offering, and a good reputation in the industry, this product capability is poised for rapid expansion. This Director will be tasked with expanding our market reach and finding new product opportunities for future growth. This role will report to the CEO and will be an individual contributor role supported as needed by teams across the rest of the business.
- Identify and recommend new SafeStream and Screeners business opportunities, including brand extensions, emerging distribution, new partners and new products
- Thoroughly analyze appropriate business opportunities (identifying barriers to entry, strategies for entry, competitive overviews, required investment and potential ROI)
- Develop business plans and manage financial analysis and valuation of new opportunities (including P&L models)
- Prepare long range strategic plans for SafeStream and Screeners
- Serve as an internal thought leader for the company
- Act as internal consultant to lead and project manage ad hoc strategic projects for SafeStream and Screeners
- Negotiate partnerships
- Drive top-line revenue growth for SafeStream and Screeners outside of our current Media & Entertainment footprint
- Increase adoption of SafeStream within M&E outside of our current Media & Entertainment footprint. This includes direct API use cases that require knowledge of post-production workflows and the ability to spot opportunities.
- Support development of our pricing strategy for SafeStream in SHIFT as well as a standalone product
- Develop markets outside of media and entertainment and build strategic plans and product roadmap
- Explore partnership opportunities with infrastructure providers such as Amazon, Microsoft, and Google to offer SafeStream in a self-service model (on external infrastructure).
- Develop partnerships with SAAS companies that incorporate and resell SafeStream. This includes other MAM/DAM providers, integrators, or platforms
- Expand the number of titles screened on the platform
- Expand the number of customers
- Devise strategy around making screeners.com the de-facto standard for screening pre-release content
- Assist VP of Sales in identifying and pursuing opportunities within existing Enterprise client base
- Assess the current product and feature set and develop roadmap with product team
- Build business cases for feature development (FYC, Content Sales, etc)
Essential Skills/Attributes of the Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional work experience
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Independent critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep multiple projects and client engagements active at once
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty
- Interest in working as part of a small and growing company, with awareness about the opportunities and challenges that come with a highly adaptive environment
- Dynamic and engaging, with a sense of humor and ability to not take oneself too seriously
SHIFT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.