Business Development Manager
Shieldworks Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ShieldWorks, a leading provider in the design and installation of a variety of Temporary Dust & Debris Containment Solutions, is seeking a Business Development Manager to help us grow to the next level.
For over 20 years, ShieldWorks has provided Dust & Debris Containment solutions to companies throughout the U.S and is experiencing growth and brand awareness in the marketplace. Our market segments include Roof Consultants, General Contractors, Roofing Contractors, End-Users, Architects, Property Managers and Insurance Claims Adjusters.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Sales and will be responsible for the execution and growth of our targeted sales initiatives.
- Focus on developing and growing our product.services working with Roofing Consultants/ Commercial Roofing Contractors/ General Contractors and End-Users.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the construction industry, our services and selling philosophy. Develop a firm understanding of our competition and market influences.
- Maintain company targeted profit margins.
- Research target markets, develop and execute a plan to penetrate those markets in concert with the sales goals of ShieldWorks.
- Visit potential customers, work in cooperation with Regional Salesmen in conducting seminars, lunch & learns and Trade Shows.
- In light of COVID -19 the ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the challenges this pandemic has placed on our ability to conduct face to face meetings.. Develop a short term strategy to overcome those obstacles. Strong phone prospecting is important.
- In concert with senior management, develop an annual sales plan to grow our business in all market segments.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management/Business and/or related discipline.
- 5 plus years proven and verifiable experience in a Business Development capacity. Strong familiarity with Commercial Construction estimating.
- High energy, positive attitude with a “boots on the ground” mentality. Must possess a high degree of enthusiasm for building our business and overcoming obstacles.
- Successful completion of a formal sales training course ( i.e.: Sanford etc)
- Ability to build rapport with customers/prospects at all levels within an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideal Candidate will be able to generate contacts in the General Commercial Construction/Commercial Roofing segment
- Must be willing and able to travel nationally.
- Solid computer skills. Ability to adapt to our CRM program and work proficiently with with Mac based software.
- Experience in developing estimates and projects costing in the Construction field. Experience in the Construction Industry.
- Valid Drivers License. Must pass Drug Screening prior to official offer. Must be subject to Criminal Background Check
- Position requires candidate sign a 1 year Non-Compete Agreement.
- Ideal candidate must be a self starter with the ability to develop and execute their travel schedule.
- Competitive Compensation Package commensurate with experience. Base plus Commission.
- Health, Dental, Eye Benefits.
- Life Insurance
- Car allowance
- Travel per Diem
- Phone Allowance
- Laptop Provided
- Company match Retirement Program 401 K (After 2 years)
ShieldworksWhy Work Here?
Shieldworks is a awesome company, great benefit and owners that care about their employees. Growth opportunity
National Recognized Leader in Temporary Dust & Debris Containment.
BusinessView all jobs at Shieldworks