Manufacturing Engineer III
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Shields Manufacturing is experiencing exciting growth and has an immediate need for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer. The key team member will work under limited supervision, developing and improving manufacturing processes and documentation.
- Participates in the launch of new/revised manufactured parts and/or assemblies by reviewing technical specifications, creating manufacturing instruction and designing tooling.
- For new and existing products, ensures all drawings, documents and information required for manufacturing operations are current and accurate.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching manufacturing methods and equipment; working with equipment vendors; designing and building fixtures, conferring with equipment vendors; and performing tests; and reporting results.
- Contributes to the Manufacturing Engineering Department team effort to support manufacturing operations of new and existing parts/assemblies by investigating and proposing solutions to technical issues.
- Creates Manufacturing Instructions and trains processing/assembly technicians on procedures.
- Provides engineering evaluations and information to answer technical questions or requests from internal and external sources.
- Assures product quality by developing test methods; testing finished products; establishing quality standards; and validating manufacturing processes.
- Investigates reports of defective, damaged or malfunctioning parts, assemblies, systems or equipment to determine the root cause, and then implements appropriate corrective actions to prevent future issues.
- May evaluate yield and cost of manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research studies on both internal and external costs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- BS or MS degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree or experience will be considered.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with a demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes applicable to metal and plastic parts.
- 10+ years of experience with product and process development.
- Applicants with less experience may be considered at an appropriate level position.
- Detail orientated with exceptional organizational skills.
- Proficiency reading and interpreting technical drawings including GD&T.
- Outstanding analytical, verbal, and written communication skills along with the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization both inside and outside the company.
- CAD (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience presenting technical information.
- Must be able to navigate in a Windows based computer environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Shields Manufacturing is an industry leader in Value-Add product specializing in CNC machining and complex mechanical/optical/laser assembly including clean-room environments. We provide excellent operational support through our Supply Chain capabilities and care about our clients at the highest levels. Our business not only provides manufacturing expertise for OEM's with low volume/high mix needs, we also provide higher volume opportunities with our expanding cell system capability. Culture is key to us, and have therefore adopted core values based on Teamwork, with an emphasis on Commitment, Respect and Appreciation, Equality, Accountability, Integrity and Trust.
We offer a highly competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) with company match, a generous paid time off program and quarterly bonus program.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
We look forward to connecting soon!
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Shields Manufacturing