One of the fastest growing companies in America, Shields Health Solutions partners with hospital leaders on every aspect of specialty pharmacy creation and management. The company provides the fastest, lowest risk model for Hospital leaders to create a hospital-owned specialty pharmacy business, whether starting from scratch or adding specialty capabilities to a hospital's existing pharmacy programs.
The Company is seeking a strong people manager with a desire to strive for excellence with a fast-growing company in the specialty pharmacy management services industry. The ideal candidate should have front-line employee management experience with a background in pharmacy or healthcare. Applicant should be service-oriented, and results driven with a positive outlook, a motivational style and a clear focus on performance accountability and employee development. The applicant must be able to work as a member of a close-knit team.
The Clinical Manager of Patient Services is a key front-line manager supporting the Shields Health Solutions specialty pharmacy and medication adherence model. The Clinical Manager provides day-to-day management for a team of pharmacy liaisons located in specialty clinics in hospital settings. The Clinical Manager is responsible for ensuring adoption and continuity of best practices, providing ongoing support, coordinating coverage, coaching, performance management, professional development of the liaisons and all communication with pharmacy personnel.
Licensure/Certification: National certification and prior experience as a licensed pharmacy technician or experience as a licensed pharmacist in a pharmacy or healthcare setting is required. Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or BS in Pharmacy is preferred.
Education and Years of Experience: Bachelor's degree preferred. High school degree or GED is required. Minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience is preferred along with 5 years working in a healthcare or pharmacy environment with direct patient and clinician contact.
Skills: Strong communication skills, highly proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel and Word; able to quickly learn other programs and able to extract relevant information; strong organizational skills a must; strong relationship builder; solutions-oriented and a creative problem solver; able to manage the performance of individuals against quantitative metrics without compromising clinical quality; ability to effectively train employees, lead by example and use motivational techniques to improve/maintain employee engagement
Traits: Patient centered, energetic, collaborative team player, high-integrity, motivational, relationship-focused, highly organized with attention to detail, dependable, quality focus, empathetic, good listener/communicator, demonstrates ingenuity, good teacher, able to lead and inspire a team
Other: Discretion and confidentiality essential as position deals with highly sensitive and private health information
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration between the pharmacy, pharmacy liaisons (who are in the hospital's clinics), Shields PSC, and clinical areas throughout the hospital.
- Lead assigned liaison team, managing and directing activities essential to providing the highest quality experience for patients in specialty clinics
- Ensure liaison team accountability and the consistent use of best practices for execution of the following critical responsibilities: prior authorizations, patient financial assistance, medication refills, patient appointments, and patient outreach
- Provide consistent, timely and ongoing performance coaching, feedback, training and development to liaisons
- Establish credible, trusting, professional relationships with clinical, operational, and administrative staff at Shields and within assigned hospital locations
- Embody a passion for our care model and value proposition and be a role model to the liaison team in that regard
- Effectively problem-solve and work through barriers for success within clinic, pharmacy and with support staff in home office
- Ensure coverage plans are in place for both short- and long-term liaison absences from work
- Assist in identifying issues within a clinic and work with their manager to create tangible action plans to improve performance and ensures timely implementation of improvement efforts
- Collaboratively partner with the data analytics team and patient support center to execute on identified opportunities
- Identify, assess and contribute to continuous process improvement and optimization initiatives
- Provide subject matter expertise to hospitals and clinics within their span of control
- Other duties as assigned
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Shields Health Solutions