Assistant Project Manager
Shick Esteve is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join our team in Kansas City, MO. As an Assistant Project Manager, you will oversee the profitability, timeliness, and overall success of multiple material handling and conveyance projects. In this key role, you will be controlling the timeline and tollgates of various projects; acting as liaison between the engineering, manufacturing, and the customer; and ensuring on-time and on-budget completion of the final product.
What Shick Esteve Offers You
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, which includes Spira Care, an innovative offering that combines care and insurance, and company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Generous 401K Matching Program – 3% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*
- 15 days of paid vacation and 9 paid holidays
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for development and advancement
What You’ll Do
- Effectively manage multiple project teams simultaneously.
- Foster effective relationships with project team, as well as clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Foster a positive relationship with the customer and function as the primary customer contact through the life of the project.
- Oversee the review and processing of schedules, plans and submittals.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Coordinate and authorize all job correspondence.
- Establish project objectives, procedures, and performance standards within scope of company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Facilitate purchasing, procurement, and adherence to project schedules.
- Monitor and control project status from product conceptualization to on-time, on-budget completion.
- Examine engineering schematics and blueprints to identify opportunities for improving product design, increasing efficiency of the process, and expanding our catalog of products and services.
- Gather, organize, and document project historical data.
- Analyze and report performance of previous projects, identifying areas for process improvement.
- Perform other related duties/functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or similar related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in project management, with significant experience in managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated success in change and project management.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics produced by Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Travel of 20-35% required, based on project needs.
Great to Haves
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the food production industry helpful, but not mandatory.
- Working knowledge of advanced features in Microsoft Office suite. Advanced user of Excel – creating complex spreadsheets, formulas, etc.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
Who We Are
For over 60 years Shick Esteve has specialized in finding innovative solutions and providing unmatched service for food industry leaders around the world. How do we accomplish this? Through our people! Behind everything we do are our team members striving for excellence empowered by a culture of hard work and dedication. We embrace our values of passion, accountability, fun, consistency, and responsiveness, and believe in the power of a cohesive, high-performing team. Our people are what set us apart from the competition, and if you’re ready to join an industry-leading company that truly values its employees, we want to hear from you today!
Founded in 1956, Shick Esteve provides ingredient automation solutions to multiple industries that include baking, coffee, distilling/brewing, confectionery, pet food, snack food and prepared foods, among others. Our goal was and still is to enhance each customer's production process with solutions that provide accuracy, accountability and consistency in an economical manner. We are committed partners to our customers.
Shick Esteve is an operating company of Hillenbrand. Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
At Hillenbrand and Shick Esteve, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Shick Solutions IncKansas City, MO
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.