Assistant Project Manager
- Over a month ago
Founded in 1956, Shick Esteve provides ingredient automation solutions to multiple industries that include baking, coffee, distilling/brewing, confectionery, pet food, snack food and prepared foods, among others. Our goal was and still is to enhance each customer's production process with solutions that provide accuracy, accountability and consistency in an economical manner. We are committed partners to our customers.
Why Work For Shick Esteve?
For over 60 years Shick Esteve has specialized in finding innovative solutions and providing unmatched service for food industry leaders around the world. How do we accomplish this? Through our people!
Behind everything we do are our team members striving for excellence empowered by a culture of hard work and dedication. We embrace our values of passion, accountability, fun, consistency, and responsiveness, and believe in the power of a cohesive, high-performing team. Our people are what set us apart from the competition, and if you’re ready to join an industry-leading company that truly values its employees, we want to hear from you today!
Shick Esteve is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to be located in Kansas City, MO. The Assistant Project Manager will oversee the profitability, timeliness, and overall success of multiple material handling and conveyance projects. In this key role, the Assistant Project Manager will be controlling the timeline and tollgates of various projects, acting as liaison between the engineering, manufacturing, and the customer, and ensuring on-time and on-budget completion of the final product.
- Effectively manage multiple project teams simultaneously.
- Foster effective relationships with project team, as well as clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Foster a positive relationship with the customer and function as the primary customer contact through the life of the project.
- Oversee the review and processing of schedules, plans and submittals.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Coordinate and authorize all job correspondence.
- Establish project objectives, procedures, and performance standards within scope of company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Facilitate purchasing, procurement, and adherence to project schedules.
- Monitor and control project status from product conceptualization to on-time, on-budget completion.
- Examine engineering schematics and blueprints to identify opportunities for improving product design, increasing efficiency of the process, and expanding our catalog of products and services.
- Gather, organize, and document project historical data.
- Analyze and report performance of previous projects, identifying areas for process improvement.
- Perform other related duties/functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or similar related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in project management, with significant experience in managing multiple projects.
- Broad knowledge of the food production industry helpful, but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated success in change and project management.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill with MS Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics produced by Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred.
Travel of 20-35% required, based on project needs.
Shick Solutions Inc
AddressKansas City, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at Shick Solutions Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?