WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
The Plant Technical Services Representative serves as the primary liaison between Global Supply Chain manufacturing facilities and their associated Technical Control Labs in the Global Supply Chain, Consumer Brands Group and Performance Coatings Group.
commercialization. This position also supports the consolidation of slow-moving, low volume or obsolete raw material and finished goods and will lead Continuous Improvement projects designed to improve quality, efficiency and capacity. This PTS Rep will also leverage best practices and implement strategic quality initiatives with manufacturing plants and technical labs, participate in the implementation of IT systems and applications and perform effective data analysis to support various projects and investigations. This position will serve as a resource for eliminating obstacles to manufacturing as it relates to quality, productivity and consistency, lead the qualification of manufacturability for resourced products at the request of the product sourcing group and submit resourcing requests for non-manufacturable products at the request of Technical and Manufacturing personnel.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment
- Must have a Bachelor's degree
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in coatings products development, commercialization or resolving manufacturing issues in coatings or chemical market.
- Must be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone
- Must be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and wear a respirator as required
- Majors in Chemistry, Engineering are preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills are preferred
- Proven track record of learning new systems and processes quickly is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills are preferred
- Basic knowledge of Global Supply Chain Manufacturing and/or New Product Commercialization process is preferred
Who we are -
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep - our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- High level of initiative and leadership ability
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Proven problem-solving / decision-making ability