The primary purpose of your job position is to provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.
- As a member of the Nutrition Services Department, perform various duties according to the work assignment received from the Food Service Supervisor and/or Manager
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Sweep and mop floors as directed
- Wash and clean utensils, dishes, pots and pans, etc. as required or directed
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Set up and distribute meal trays, food carts, etc., as instructed
- Assist cook in preparing meals as instructed
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution
- Serve food in dining room as instructed
- Follow safety regulations and precautions at all times
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor on the shift immediately
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner
- Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary
- Report complaints to the Food Service Manager or Supervisor
- Assist in food preparation for special meals for parties, etc.
Educational Requirements: Some high school education
Experience: Some kitchen experience preferred
Hours: 12-16 hours schedule varies from 4 pm to 8 pm shifts and needs to be available on the weekends. A potential for more hours are available to work the morning shifts when needed.