Warehouse Shipping Clerk - Bishop Co
Location: Whittier, CA
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
FLSA: (Exempt of non-Exempt) non-Exempt, Hourly
The Warehouse Shipping Clerk is a critical quality control position that is responsible for all aspects of the warehouse to include but not limited to shipping and receiving, stocking shelves, pulling and packing orders for shipping as well as inventory control.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Physical dexterity required. Order pickers will routinely pick up, move & lift HEAVY OBJECTS (up to 70 lbs.). Employee will be required to climb ladders to retrieve items, also standing for extended periods of time.
· Pull orders in a complete and accurate manner, meeting department quality & productivity standards
· Verifying orders are picked in a complete and accurate manner, meeting department quality & productivity standards. This includes but not limited to catching errors in the picking/splicing items. Identifying addresses that may be an issue.
· Properly packing customer orders, using the correct boxes/package and packing materials to ensure the items are not damaged.
· Arrange appropriate transportation for of products.
· Properly address, stamp and ship merchandise or material. affixing shipping labels and ensuring a packing slip is included. Ensuring boxes are not shipped that are missing payment (ie. Credit card failures), alerting team lead/manager.
· Perform replenishment for the warehouse. Assist with maintaining clean, clear and organized warehouse.
· Proper reconciliation of packing slips against purchase orders, including check in, put away and over stock.
· Locating items in specific bin locations, confirming that the counts are accurate, assist with cycle counting when requested.
· Assist customers with shipping inquires.
High school diploma required
· Experience working in a warehouse production environment
· Forklift experience preferred.
· UPS Worldship Software preferred.
· Experience in shipping, logistics, or other related fields.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to read and carry out instructions
· Must have a clean DMV record
Heavy Work involves exerting 50 - 100 pounds of force occasionally, or in excess of 50 pounds frequently or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to move objects. Frequent reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or arms. Frequent use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, or other objects. Visual ability including distance, peripheral and depth perception. Regularly required to talk and hear.