Location: Greensboro, NC
Reports To: Creative Services Manager
FLSA: (Exempt of non-Exempt) Exempt, Salary
We’re looking for an energetic, passionate and talented Junior Creative Designer to join the Vertical Supply Group (VSG) Marketing team. Reporting directly to the Creative Services manager, the Creative Designer would be responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, and on-brand print materials for multiple commerce and product brands. This includes but not limited to, print catalogs, print collateral, display pieces, graphics, retail POP/signage, stickers, logos and social media assets. This position will work within the Marketing department to engage in all commerce and brand-related activities.
A self-starter with strong personal skills, coupled with the ability to handle many projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment is a MUST. This individual must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to build a working rapport within all departments in the Organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Duties to include designing catalogs, promotional materials and some packaging.
· Work in a team setting to develop marketing ideas/content for various media platforms to include print, email marketing, web, photography and videos
· Willingness to support the team in many different capacities; must be a team player
· Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent, is required.
• 1-3 years of experience as Graphic Designer.
• Energetic and positive attitude demonstrating a passion for creativity.
• Experience in print, digital, and social marketing/advertising.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (focusing on InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
• Photography / Videography/ editing skills are a plus.
• Detail-oriented person who thrives in a collaborative environment.
• Portfolio should reflect excellent design skills, including an eye for layouts and typography.
• Proven ability to apply design skills to a range of materials such as: layouts, logo and iconography
design, brochures, packaging, etc.
• Ability to take creative direction.
• Ability to self-manage time and meet expected deadlines.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to take initiative and desire to learn new software and skill sets.
• Willingness to support the team in many different capacities; must be a team player.
Medium Work involves exerting up to 50 pounds of force. frequently or 10 to 25 pounds of force Frequent walking, standing, and sitting. Frequent reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or arms. Frequent use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, or other objects. Visual ability including distance, peripheral and depth perception. Regularly required to talk and hear.
I understand that this job description does NOT constitute a contract for employment and that Sherrill Inc. may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Management reserves the right to change the above description at any time as required and does not in any way constitute an employment contract.
EOE/M/F/V/D No phone calls.