Mechanical Design Engineer
- Posted: 23 hours ago
Sherpa Design is a team of mechanical and electrical engineers, designers, and machinists who thrive on pushing the envelope and equipping others to do the same.
Over the past 20+ years, our platform of capabilities has grown from our core expertise of product engineering to include additive manufacturing, precision machining, NX training, and Teamcenter solutions.
At this time, we are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join us. In this role, you’ll work with several of the best-known Fortune 100 companies on innovative technologies and products.
What We Offer
At Sherpa, you’ll discover:
- You experience more of the product journey. This means you don’t just contribute to a sliver of the process, you guide it toward completion. We find it’s satisfying to see our work take shape in that way.
- We hire amazingly capable people. Everyone here brings impressive technical expertise – that’s a given in consulting. Beyond that, we share a way of thinking expansively and supporting each other. It makes work exciting and enjoyable.
- We keep bureaucracy in check. One of our values is act with agility. We have designed our internal systems so that you spend your energy on the work that most lights your fire. No micromanaging, no cumbersome approval processes, just clear shared goals.
- Our exposure builds experience. Because we work with so many innovative companies across industries, you can reach the equivalent of 5+ years in-house experience in just 2 years.
About this Role
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you’ll be responsible for delivering innovative solutions to a variety of industries and products using CAD.
- 4+ years of experience in mechanical design engineering
- Advanced proficiency in NX CAD including modeling, drafting, assembly, and analysis OR experience with SolidWorks CAD and a desire to learn NX CAD
- Experience designing consumer electronic products, packaging electronics, opto-mechanical product design, precision mechanism design
- Experience with machine design and robotic automation
- Broad understanding of manufacturing methods including machined metals, casting, injection molding, and sheet metal
- Experience delivering innovative solutions for a variety of industries and products
- Ability to think laterally to solve design challenges
- Holding high standards for product design and performance
- Experience managing time and schedules effectively
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position. We offer a competitive salary based on experience. In addition, Sherpa offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Paid medical/dental/vision
- Paid holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- SIMPLE IRA with match
- Paid parental leave
- Supplemental insurance
- Hybrid remote work option
- Professional development
- Outdoor gear borrow program
If you share our innate curiosity about how things work and our drive to make them work better, we look forward to hearing from you! Please send us your resume and share what excites you about this role.
Important to note: Must be a US Person able to comply with US Department of State ITAR/EAR requirements for manufacturers in the government sector as a requirement to employment.
Sherpa Design seeks multiple perspectives and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?