Sherman Associates is currently seeking an experienced and engaging Senior Property Manager to provide community and financial leadership to our southern metro portfolio:
- Grande Market Place, 113 tax credit and market rate units, Burnsville
- The Crossings at Valley View, 50 tax credit units, Bloomington
- Farmington Townhomes 16 tax credit units, Farmington
The Senior Property Manager is accountable to lead the daily operations of the assigned portfolio of real estate by coordinating the operational activities, leasing and marketing along with a strong focus on customer service and community relations.
- Communication Proficiency
- Business Acumen
- Customer/Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Results Driven
- On assigned properties, act as the company's primary coordinator to assure that the company’s goals fully meet and to exceed contractual property management obligations.
- Direct the day-to-day activities of resident and tenant relations, safety/security, maintenance, marketing, landscaping, inspections, snow removal, and other operations.
- Maintains customer service and excellent relations with residents, resident cooperatives, commercial tenants, outside agencies or vendors and organizations.
- Walks property at regular intervals to ensure property rules are being followed and that the property is clean and orderly and in good maintenance condition.
- Keeps management informed at all times in the areas of:
A. Resident/tenant complaints
B. suggestions for improvement of property performance
C. Status of vacancies/projected occupancy
D. Cash flow situation
E. Any legal actions
F. Performance of assigned staff
G. Property conditions that could necessitate action by senior leadership
H. Potential property liabilities or hazards
- Works on the last day and first day of each month until responsibilities completed; some overtime may be required.
- Other tasks & duties as assigned based on business need.
- Shops comparable projects in the market place monthly.
- Makes appointments, shows apartments, screens applicants, and verifies applications for completion.
- Meets Company benchmarks for occupancy, rent collections and timely compliance paperwork.
- Maintain complete and accurate property files and records, according to department systems, with an emphasis on documentation for future reference.
- Coordinates with Corporate support staff on management company procedures for processing and distributing information.
- Must be respectful of resident/tenant privacy, including specific commercial tenant needs.
- Prepares all resident files to include all preparatory paperwork; prepares all move-out materials.
- Ensures compliance with state, federal and local housing laws.
- Complies with all Sherman Associates, agency and city compliance requirements.
- Assists with subsidy administration in accordance with HUD rules and regulations.
- Engage, contract, supervise and approve invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the assigned properties up to company and owner standards.
- Develop operating income/expense budgets and capital budgets that reflect the owner's objectives for operating the property, cash flow requirements and leasing strategy. Prepare this data to be used as an ongoing accounting reporting tool. Further accountability includes administration of budgets, operational review and analysis of corrective action needed. Recommend and implement programs that contribute to center profitability.
- Analyze and distribute financial statements including operating variances from budget, cash management and strategies for collection of receivables.
- Coordinate collection and documentation of all revenues following lease obligations of residents/tenants and the owner's policy on accounts receivable. Collect delinquent accounts promptly. Communicate with accounting department to ensure accuracy of rent roll and accounts receivable.
- As applicable, supervises, coaches, directs, trains and evaluates staff; Prepares and conducts employee reviews and completes timecard approvals.
- Supervise on-site maintenance, if utilized at assigned properties. Develop specifications and continually evaluate service needs and performance in all areas of maintenance and management. Forecast and manage replacement of major capital expense items including HVAC system, roof systems, parking lot surfaces, etc.
- 3-7 years of industry experience within residential real estate; or an equivalent number of years of education and real estate management experience.
- CRM, CAM, COS, or other related professional certification preferred.
- Proven track record of success in overseeing a portfolio of 100+ residential units strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; Ability to communicate effectively with community tenants, vendors / external parties, and across corporate divisions.
- Knowledge of Real Page or other related Property Management software (Yardi, Lead2Lease, OneSite Accounting, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Affordable Housing Programs (HUD / MFHA Programs).
- As applicable, must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with insurance and safe DMV driving record.
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Sherman Associates.
- Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the portfolio
- Working knowledge of federally assisted housing regulations.
- Solid track record of successful financial property performance.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment found in a typical office environment; quiet to moderate noise level.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
ADDITIONAL SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
- Current and valid driver’s license is required. Must pass a Motor Vehicle Record check (MVR) and have a safe driving record.
- Must successfully meet criminal background screening requirements for position, including MN statute 299C.67 to 299C.71 (Kari Koskinen Background)
Sherman Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply.
This job advertisement is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Only applicants who complete our online application process will be considered for employment. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact email@example.com
Be a part of something great and find yourself At Home, At Sherman! As a member of Sherman, we invite you to join our mission of Building Communities, Enriching Neighborhoods. You can make an immediate impact supporting our real estate development and management operations in hotels, residential, and retail.
Who Are We? Sherman Associates is an award-winning real estate development firm specializing in the design, construction and financing of quality commercial, hospitality, and residential housing across the Midwest. With over 35 years of development and construction experience, Sherman Associates has developed an impressive portfolio of approximately 8,500 multifamily, townhouse and single-family homes, and 600,000 square feet of commercial and hotel space; including Aloft Minneapolis Hotel, Canopy by Hilton Minneapolis Mill District, Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Downtown Des Moines, Sheraton Duluth Hotel, and franchise Starbucks locations (Minneapolis & Saint Paul).