Roving Maintenance Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Be a part of something great and find yourself At Home, At Sherman! Our commitment to people and our vision for the future, combined with our history of success spanning decades, makes Sherman Associates who we are. We have become an industry leader by fulfilling our mission of Building Communities, Enriching Neighborhoods, and Empowering People.
The Roving Maintenance Technician in the Southeast Metro is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the assigned real estate portfolio. Special attention to safety, predictive and preventative maintenance and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives is critical to overall success.
- Completes general maintenance and upkeep responsibilities including minor plumbing, electrical, HVAC, light carpentry, painting and landscaping.
- Provides maintenance coverage to properties during position vacancies.
- Responds to open work orders and resolves resident/tenant requests within 24 hours.
- Prepares and turns vacated apartment units within a 24-hour period (5 days if not immediate). All vacated apartments must be painted, thoroughly cleaned, carpets shampooed and repairs done in a timely and impeccable manner.
- Assists in scheduling and completing preventive maintenance for buildings and building equipment.
- Completes hands-on work of all building repairs, preventative maintenance and general upkeep of the facility with special attention to more involved operations or projects.
- Walks property at regular intervals (daily) to ensure resident/tenant property rules are being followed and that the property is clean and orderly and in good maintenance condition.
- Works on the last day and first day of each month until responsibilities completed; some overtime may be required. Evening and weekend on-call rotations as required.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Assists in maintaining sufficient maintenance supply stock.
- Assists in contracting all outside vendors and taking bids for special projects or extensive maintenance.
- Obtains approvals for expenditures and maintains budgets.
- Maintains exterior grounds and interior common areas in quality, presentable condition. This will include but is not limited to the following:
- Picks up trash and keep common areas neat.
- Sweeps walks and curbs.
- Waters lawn, trees, shrubs, and flowerbeds.
- Shovels walks, sand or salt icy areas.
- Performs year-round grounds maintenance, including snow and ice removal.
- While this position has no direct reports, it is expected to exhibit strong leadership qualities; including, but not limited to mentoring/training of other maintenance staff, assisting property management in prioritizing and delegating work orders, and coordination of vendor work.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in maintenance or related carpentry/construction. Ideally in residential or commercial real estate.
- Special boilers license or willingness to obtain one, if applicable.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Current and valid driver's license required. Must pass a Motor Vehicle Record check (MVR) and have a safe driving record.
- Willingness and ability to run errands to hardware store for maintenance supplies, cleaning supplies, or other items.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; Ability to communicate effectively with community tenants, vendors / external parties, and across corporate divisions.
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Sherman Associates.
- Work/Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the portfolio.
- This position requires frequent travel, more than 50%. Most travel is within 180 miles of the home office.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Sherman Associates strives to lead the market in the benefits we offer. In addition to medical, dental, vision and supplemental benefits, what sets us apart includes
- Fully paid short term disability
- Fully paid life insurance
- Fully paid employee assistance program
- Fully vested 401k company match program
- 9 Paid holidays and robust PTO program
- Best in class learning and development opportunities
- Starbucks and Hotel discounts
- Charitable giving strategy with corporate match
Sherman Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply.
This job advertisement is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Only applicants who complete our online application process will be considered for employment. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact email@example.com
Real EstateView all jobs at Sherman Associates