- Expired: July 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Be a part of something great and find yourself At Home, At Sherman! Our commitment to people and our vision for the future, combined with our history of success spanning decades, makes Sherman Associates who we are. We have become an industry leader by fulfilling our mission of Building Communities, Enriching Neighborhoods, and Empowering People.
Sherman Associates is looking to add a Procurement Specialist to our team! The Procurement Specialist plays a key role in proactively managing our purchasing channel to support property management and operations. Work effort includes researching, sourcing, and tracking select equipment, supplies, materials, fixtures, and services for completion by property management, facilities, or operations. Makes appropriate, cost-effective recommendations and ensures timely procurement of all products and services. Utilizes systems to enhance efficiency and negotiate the best possible terms. The individual in this role will serve as a central resource and works closely with Property Management and Facilities.
- Serve as a liaison between suppliers and operations.
- Distribute RFQ packages to suppliers and normalize quotes and scopes.
- Meet purchasing cost targets, timing, ,technical, and regulatory requirements.
- Source new equipment, materials, supplies, and evaluate supplier capabilities.
- Participate in bi-weekly meetings to discuss project status and costs.
- Research and sources all equipment, supplies, materials, and services furniture, fixtures and equipment for all renovations/replacements at existing properties and new properties.
- Consolidates property level requirements to forecast upcoming quantities and timing for bid solicitation.
- Involved in the budgeting process and provides detailed reporting of all project-related purchases.
- Research utility rebates and incentives (for example, appliance purchases) and provides information to property management.
- Documents warranty information and posts to the property SharePoint page.
- Ensures insurance requirements are included in solicitation for service contracts and updated in the system..
- Collaborates with Legal team in preparation of contracts.
- Monitors and works with Property Management and Facilities on scopes included in master contracts and future contracts to obtain better service and/or pricing.
Vendor Product and Negotiation
- Implement strategies to achieve project savings targets.
- Identifies and qualifies vendors by assessing vendor capabilities, develops alternate sources, and evaluates vendor performance.
- Execute bidding events.
- Evaluates all new and current vendors, products, and services on an ongoing basis to ensure that the most cost-effective products and services with the best value are purchased.
- Ensure invoice have proper supporting documentation and payment is not in excess of materials delivered or value of work completed.
- Provides an annual review of cost trends for services and materials procured.
- Compares invoices to contract prices on a quarterly basis to verify invoiced prices are correct.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure supplier commitments and progress milestones are met and project value is achieved.
- Maintain proper product inventory and record items in the computer system.
- Interface with vendors and internal customers to address and resolve quality, deliver, and specification problems.
- Establishes and sets a strong working partnership with all vendors.
- Treats all prospective vendors with respect. Responds to all communication in a positive, effective, and timely manner.
- Stays active in procurement networking groups and on top of current trends.
- Collaborate with Facility and Property Managers to support property needs in alignment with maintenance and repair budgets.
- Works as a team player and interacts with all internal and external customers in a friendly/efficient manner.
- Keeps key leadership informed when there are escalated matters, potential risk, pending legal issues, systems issues, etc.
- Professionally communicates/partners with all support departments such as legal, accounting, facilities, asset management, and operations.
- Produces relevant and accurate analysis of vendor quotes and scopes to be performed.
- Works designated schedule and follows Sherman Associates attendance policy.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and follows all safety and emergency procedures.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 2+ years of purchasing experience within a similar field.
- Experience in property management, manufacturing, or construction procurement preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and have a proven track record for managing multiple priorities and handling multiple projects.
- Ability to manage inventory, ordering, and sourcing across multiple locations.
- Needs to have active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback.
- Must have working experience utilizing online purchasing platforms, Microsoft Project, Excel, and Word.
- Requires excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients and across corporate divisions.
- Highly ethical conduct in business and interpersonal relationships is a must.
- Strong organizational skills and spirit to serve others is critical.
- Must be dedicated to carrying out the mission, vision, and values of Sherman Associates.
- This position does require occasional travel throughout the Sherman portfolio of up to 10%.
- This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Occasional travel to shops and maintenance facilities located at the properties.
- Work hours and location may vary due to specific needs of an assignment, property or region.
- Exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment found in a typical office environment; quiet to moderate noise level; or at an on-site shop at a property that has tools, equipment, and storage shelving.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 20 pounds.
Sherman Associates strives to lead the market in the benefits we offer. In addition to medical, dental, vision and supplemental benefits, what sets us apart includes
- Fully paid short term disability
- Fully paid life insurance
- Fully paid employee assistance program
- Fully vested 401k company match program
- 9 Paid holidays and robust PTO program
- Best in class learning and development opportunities
- Starbucks and Hotel discounts
- Charitable giving strategy with corporate match
Sherman Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply.
This job advertisement is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Only applicants who complete our online application process will be considered for employment. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact email@example.com
BusinessView all jobs at Sherman Associates