Do you enjoy going above and beyond to help others? If so, the Sheraton Duluth is just the place for you! Every day, we strive to go above and beyond for our guests whether it’s an extra towel or a "must do while you’re here" suggestion. As a member of our team, you can make a direct impact on each guests’ unique Duluth experience and show them why Duluth is the best city in Minnesota!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for prior customer service experience and a passion for helping others. As a member of the Sheraton, you will have access to a great training program and will help you succeed and achieve your goals while going above & beyond to exceed guest expectations!
Work days can rotate, hours are the same for each day - 11pm-7am or 10pm-6am
What can we offer you?
In addition to great pay, benefits, and awesome hotel stay discounts, we offer both full-time (30+ hours per week) and flexible part-time employment. Weekends can get pretty busy, so we do require weekend schedule availability to get started.
1. Core Responsibilities
- Registers guests to the hotel, verifying reservation, address, email address and credit information
- Proficient on kiosk operations to assist when necessary
- Answers the telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Addresses guest complaints, problems and/or requests in friendly and professional manner
- Ensures that all matters are resolved or addressed with the proper department head
- Have an intimate knowledge of the hotel facilities and the local geographic area
- Accepts payment for guests’ accounts at the time of registration and at checkout
- Processes all Retail transactions for the guest
- Issues luggage claims and check guest luggage when requested
- Manages nightly hotel operations Verifies revenue from all sources is accurately balanced, follow up on any discrepancies
- Posts any transactions needed
- Performs end-of day procedures
- Produces daily reports for departments and department heads
- Compiles and run statistical reports for all departments and transfer information to our Accounting department
- Investigates all service and safety issues reported during the shift to find their cause, and gives recommendations to avoid repeated issues, initiates investigations, writes and supervises the creation of incident reports, monitors investigations to their timely conclusion, and ensures appropriate follow up with guests and visitors, documenting all contacts
- Learns and adheres to all fire and emergency procedures, including procedures for handling of the fire panel, ensuring guest safety and participate in an evacuation if necessary
- Performs duties of Guest Services Agent
- Completes other duties as assigned
2. Customer Focus
- Works as a team player and interacts with all internal and external customers in a friendly/efficient manner
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction
- Always strive to exceed guest expectations and meet brand standards
- Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing, and prioritizing work duties
- Adheres to Sherman Associates attendance policy, grooming and appearance standards, general work rules, and department procedures
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, follows all procedures for guests and employee incidents and is knowledgeable for hotel emergency procedures
- Attends all required department and hotel meetings
- High School or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- One to two years of general hospitality experience strongly preferred in front office or accounting.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow directions in a multi-lingual environment
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Sherman Associates
- Schedule may vary due to the specific needs of the hotel
- Able to organize, plan ahead and manage workload
- Ability to work effectively in an innovative, fast-paced and multi-tasked environment
- Basic accounting concepts, the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs and the internet
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services, and facilities
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health and safety services
This job advertisement is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Only applicants who complete our online application process will be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact email@example.com.
Sherman Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply.
Be a part of something great and find yourself At Home, At Sherman! As a member of Sherman, we invite you to join our mission of Building Communities, Enriching Neighborhoods. You can make an immediate impact supporting our real estate development and management operations in hotels, residential, and retail.
Who Are We? Sherman Associates is an award-winning real estate development firm specializing in the design, construction and financing of quality commercial, hospitality, and residential housing across the Midwest. With over 35 years of development and construction experience, Sherman Associates has developed an impressive portfolio of approximately 8,500 multifamily, townhouse and single-family homes, and 600,000 square feet of commercial and hotel space; including Aloft Minneapolis Hotel, Canopy by Hilton Minneapolis Mill District, Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Downtown Des Moines, Sheraton Duluth Hotel, and franchise Starbucks locations (Minneapolis & Saint Paul).
- George Sherman (Owner / CEO) has received the Lifetime Achievement Award in Real Estate from the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal and the 2016 Presidents Award from the Preservation Alliance of Minnesota. He has been named an Industry Titan by Twin Cities Business Magazine on their list of 101 People to Know.
- To date, the total value of our real estate development portfolio exceeds $2 billion.
- The NorShor Theater is a large community impact project that Sherman Associates worked with the city of Duluth & Duluth Playhouse: https://www.sherman-associates.com/uncategorized/finance-commerce-named-norshor-theater-a-top-project-of-2017/
- In 2018, Sherman developed 2 solar gardens to provide clean renewable energy to 22 Sherman owned properties in Minnesota: https://www.sherman-associates.com/properties/solar-garden-carver-county/case-study/
- We own and manage Riverside Plaza. It was one of the largest affordable tax credit housing rehabs in the nation’s history. https://www.sherman-associates.com/properties/riverside-plaza/
- We are always developing/growing and looking for people to join our teams!