Maintenance Supervisor - Moment
- Posted: over a month ago
Be a part of something great and find yourself At Home, At Sherman! As a member of Sherman, we invite you to join our mission of Building Communities, Enriching Neighborhoods, and Empowering People. You can make an immediate impact supporting our real estate development and management operations in hotels, residential, and retail.
If you are passionate about helping others and knowledgeable with facilities repair and maintenance, we have the right opportunity for you! At Sherman, we pride ourselves on hiring resident-focused and skilled maintenance talent who strive to solve, repair and troubleshoot a wide range of complex and preventative facilities responsibilities. We believe we can offer a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding experience that is unique to supporting our mission, vision, and values.
Schedule & Hours:
- The schedule for this role will be Monday - Friday; 8 AM - 4:30 PM
- Some evening and weekend on-call rotations are required. Ask about our new on-call incentive program!
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the assigned real estate portfolio. Special attention to safety, predictive and preventative maintenance and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives is critical to overall success.
- Completes general maintenance and upkeep responsibilities including minor plumbing, electrical, HVAC, light carpentry, painting and landscaping.
- Responds to open work orders and resolves resident/tenant requests within 24 hours.
- Prepare and turn vacated apartment units within a 24-hour period (5 days if not immediate). All vacated apartments must be painted, thoroughly cleaned, carpets shampooed and repairs done in a timely and impeccable manner.
- Assists in scheduling and completing preventive maintenance for buildings and building equipment.
- Hands-on work of all building repairs, preventative maintenance and general upkeep of the facility with special attention to more involved operations or projects.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Walks property at regular intervals (daily) to ensure resident/tenant property rules are being followed and that the property is clean and orderly and in good maintenance condition.
- Works on the last day and first day of each month until responsibilities completed; some overtime may be required. Evening and weekend on-call rotations as required.
- Assists in maintaining sufficient maintenance supply stock.
- Assists in contracting all outside vendors and taking bids for special projects or extensive maintenance.
- Obtains approvals for expenditures and maintains budgets.
- Maintains exterior grounds and interior common areas in quality, presentable condition. This will include but is not limited to the following:
- Picks up trash and keep common areas neat.
- Sweeps walks and curbs.
- Waters lawn, trees, shrubs, and flowerbeds.
- Shovels walks, sand or salt icy areas.
- Performs year-round grounds maintenance, including snow and ice removal.
- As applicable, supervises, coaches, directs, trains and evaluates staff; Prepares and conducts employee reviews and completes timecard approvals.
- Supervises on-site maintenance, if utilized at assigned properties. Develops specifications and continually evaluates service needs and performance in all areas of maintenance and management.
- Forecasts and manages replacement of major capital expense items including HVAC system, roof systems, parking lot surfaces, etc.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in maintenance or related carpentry/construction. Ideally in residential or commercial real estate.
- Special boilers license or willingness to obtain one, if applicable.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Willingness and ability to run errands to hardware store for maintenance supplies, cleaning supplies, or other items.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; Ability to communicate effectively with community tenants, vendors / external parties, and across corporate divisions.
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Sherman Associates.
- Work/Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the portfolio.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
ADDITIONAL SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
- Current and valid driver's license is required. Must pass a Motor Vehicle Record check (MVR) and have a safe driving record.
- Successful completion of pre-employment strength test or 'CRT examination' is required.
- Must successfully meet criminal background screening requirements for position.
This job advertisement is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Only applicants who complete our online application process will be considered. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sherman Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply.
Sherman Associates strives to lead the market in the benefits we offer. In addition to medical, dental, vision and supplemental benefits, what sets us apart includes
- Fully paid short term disability
- Fully paid life insurance
- Fully paid employee assistance program
- Fully vested 401k company match program
- Paid holidays and robust PTO program
- Best in class learning and development opportunities
- Starbucks and Hotel discounts
- Charitable giving strategy with corporate match
Real EstateView all jobs at Sherman Associates