Structural Engineer PE / SE
Sherlock Smith & Adams, Inc. Chantilly, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sherlock, Smith & Adams, Inc., a full-service Architecture & Engineering firm headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama is seeking a motivated Structural Engineer who is career oriented and desirous of long term employment and advancement within the company.
- Bachelor of Science from ABET accredited engineering program in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- Experience (5+ years) in the structural engineering design of buildings.
- Good communication skills are required, both verbal and written.
- Candidate should be proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to walk and stand at a construction site for extended periods of time (4 hrs +).
- Valid driver's license.
- Able to pass security clearance as well as a background check.
- U.S. Citizenship.
How to Stand Out:
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Structural Engineer (SE). *Based on passing the 16 hour SE exam.
What You Will Do:
- Work independently to develop, analyze and design structural systems for buildings.
- Attend project charrettes and meetings either virtually or in person.
- Research professional literature for solutions to complex problems and translate ideas into actionable/executable plans.
- Lead engineer interns and designers in the production of structural drawings.
- Place your professional engineering seal and signature on the drawings prepared under your supervision.
- Assist others in obtaining proposals and evaluating submittals from consultants such as geotechnical, blast, vibration and AT/FP (anti-terrorism / force protection).
- Use Microsoft Word to develop design narratives as required by the government.
- Use Revit, AutoCAD, or hand sketches to develop information for details and drawings.
- Use Revit to coordinate the structural system with other disciplines.
- Interpret and apply national and governmental codes and standards.
- Redline master structural specifications for project-specific requirements.
- Review shop drawing submittals from contractors.
- Obtain continuing education credits as needed to maintain professional engineering licensure.
- Technical leader for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Perform structural analysis and design of buildings using Bentley software products.
- Ability to work with management to establish, track and achieve goals based on project and departmental priorities.
- The Structural Engineer position is assigned to either our Montgomery, Alabama or Auburn, Alabama location. Work from home is available on a scheduled basis. The position requires an orientation period in the Montgomery office at the beginning of employment.
- A generous variety of family-friendly benefits are offered including company-paid (employee-only) health, life, long-term disability insurances. Profit-sharing retirement /401k plan
SS&A is a well-established, employee-owned firm that engages in a wide variety of domestic and overseas projects. We provide excellent career development potential with possible firm ownership and management.
The firm is widely recognized for its innovative facility design. As part of our commitment to excellence, we look for individuals possessing both personal and professional experience that would enhance the creativity and diversity of our workplace.
SS&A provides a challenging and enriching work atmosphere. Having in-house engineers and architects working together on each project from conception through construction continually provides our employees the opportunity to develop their knowledge of the whole building design process.
Sherlock, Smith & Adams, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherlock, Smith & Adams, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law
Sherlock Smith & Adams, Inc.Why Work Here?
THE POWER OF AND.
Sherlock Smith & Adams, Inc., an architectural and engineering firm, has a solid reputation of award-winning design excellence in healthcare and other complex facilities since 1946. The practice includes private, Department of Defense and VA projects. Projects are located both nationally and internationally. Travel opportunities are a part of these projects. SS&A is a well-established company that offers the opportunity of a wide variety of work. This, along with the possibility of an equity position in the firm, will establish any professional with a distinguished career. The firm strives to provide its clients with progressive design combined with the latest in technology. With engineering disciplines in-house, the design process is comprehensive. The compensation and benefit package is competitive for all employees. The corporate culture of SS&A is one of design excellence with each team member's contribution valued. The atmosphere is professional yet enjoyable.