Director of Group Sales
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: Responsible for the leadership and management of group sales team, including direct sales, sales solicitation, sales administration in accordance with Hotel’s standards.Qualifications
- Proven management abilities including including key market areas and trends, planning short- and long-range goals and sales contracts.
- Proven work record in all areas of sales and marketing including broad knowledge in all markets (i.e., meetings, tour and travel, incentive, corporate, F.I.T.)
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and presentation and preparation of written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building an effective sales and marketing team, while creating a healthy environment for productivity.
- Strong organizational knowledge to improve professional competence and increase contributions to the hotel.
- Strong organizational strategy skills to maximize profitability for both the short and long term which requires prudent long-term thinking.
- Proficiency in CiTY or similar Sales System.
- Ability to promote positive work relationships with all departments
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to establish a climate within the sales and marketing department for open communication.
- Ability to communicate the hotel’s vision of being the leading hotel in the community
- Ability to motivate team and enable them to achieve results and be successful
- Ability to prepare written communication and conveying information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Ability to speak efficiently, conveying ideas and vision in a clear and concise manner.
- Previous training in other hotel departments, preferably front office and food and beverage.
Duties & Functions
- Key seller role with group booking goal for premiere groups and accounts.
- Procures new and repeat business for the hotel by monitoring contact with airlines, travel agencies, commercial houses, private clubs and professional associations within local, domestic and international markets.
- Maintains contact with planners, corporate accounts incentive buyers’ airlines and wholesalers, through personal sales calls, telephone contacts and written communications.
- Ensures the hotel is represented as an active member of the local community through association membership.
- Coordinates sales and promotes business for the other Marriott Hotels within the region.
- Interacts with worldwide regional sales offices with attention to local office.
- Plans and executes sales trips to major market areas.
- Attends major travel functions to promote sales for the hotel.
- Ensure that the training needs of the department are identified and that within their area
- of control training is systematically planned, implemented and evaluated according to
- Meets with guests from major producers/organizers of big events staying in the hotel to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establishes and continuously updates mailing lists.
- Organizes and attends major sales/PR related functions within the hotel
- Carries out any reasonable request made by management
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, schedule
- in-house group activities, location and times
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions,
- in conjunction with the department heads, to best expedite these situations.
- Education & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as Director of Sales and/or Marketing in a large group/convention segment.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- al and external customers to gain their commitment and support
- Understand the agendas and perspectives of others to establish mutually beneficial objectives.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Sheraton Nashua Hotel
Get fresh Director Group Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.