Fatherhood Program Coordinator
- Over a month ago
Shenandoah Community Health (SCH) is a Federally Qualified Health Center whose mission is to provide access to healthcare by reducing barriers to care. Our coordinated range of services includes primary care, women's health, behavioral health, oral health, HIV case management, pharmacy, lab, radiology, and a variety of support services. SCH also offers interpretation services for patients whose primary language is not English. Working at SCH is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to impact the lives of the people living in our community! Come join our team! To learn more about SCH, visit www.shencommhealth.com.
This position will use the National Fatherhood Initiative model to build the program to provide skill-building resources and guidance. The FP Coordinator must have passion and compassion to support Fathers in committing to be an integral part of their children’s lives. The FP Coordinator will need to establish and maintain connections throughout the local community to support the coordination and implementation of a Fatherhood Program. The FP Coordinator must be able to connect with fathers in the community and surrounding area to gain participation in the program.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop marketing plans with creative and innovative strategies
- Develop schedule which adapts to allow Fathers to attend program sessions
- Implement multiple marketing tactics which overcome barriers to participation and motivate attendance
- Interact with community partners to provide access and support
- Identify a sub-committee to create recruitment approach, retention strategy, and creating a positive image of the program in the community.
- Determine level of programming to be established by Starting Points FRC.
- Access and address deficiencies of “friendliness” of the FSC site to fathers.
- Research funding resources for programming.
- Participate in other prevention and education-based activities as requested by the FSC Director.
- Maintain required data and information to document program outcome and indicators.
- Maintain appropriate client documentation and ensure confidentiality of files.
- Prepare required reports for grants.
- Basic computer skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Relevant experience with providing education and appropriate role modeling for fathers
- Associate Degree in area of education, social service, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Certification or effort to become certified in a Fatherhood Program identified by the Starting Points Director or DHHR funding agency
Shenandoah Valley Medical System Inc
AddressBerkeley Springs, WV
BusinessView all jobs at Shenandoah Valley Medical System Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?