Shenandoah Community Health (SCH) is a Federally Qualified Health Center whose mission is to provide access to healthcare by reducing barriers to care. Our coordinated range of services includes primary care, women's health, behavioral health, oral health, HIV case management, pharmacy, lab, radiology, and a variety of support services. SCH also offers interpretation services for patients whose primary language is not English. Working at SCH is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to impact the lives of the people living in our community. Come join our team! To learn more about SCH, visit www.shencommhealth.com.
This Accounting Associate is primarily responsible for maintaining the financial records of Shenandoah Valley Medical System and its subsidiary Shenandoah Pharmacy, LLC. This position requires attention to detail, ability to work quickly and accurately, ability to work within deadlines, and to work well with others in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals.
- Support accounts payable by entering overflow invoices, patient refunds, check printing, invoice stamping and scanning.
- Support purchasing accountant by ordering supplies, receiving, and delivering, and Central Supply chain management.
- Back up: Collect, track and trend, daily metrics, ensuring KPI’s are met in all key areas of the organization.
- Prepare, compile and scan schedules, forms, and documentation for external auditors.
- Other associated duties assigned.
Qualifications & Education:
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of accounting and automated systems.
- Maintenance of general ledger transactions, accounting sub-ledgers, supporting documentation.
- Knowledge of Healthcare accounting preferred.
Shenandoah Valley Medical System IncMartinsburg, WV
Finance and InsuranceView All Shenandoah Valley Medical System Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.