Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 9th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or “service”) their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
- Assist Recovery Department by preparing and sending correspondence, required notices, and requested documents to customers.
Essential Functions/Specific Duties:
- Prepare and send written correspondence to customers accurately and timely
- Manage department email inboxes and fax servers
- Manage correspondence received from customers and third parties, by ensuring communication is forward to the appropriate parties for handling
- Manage exception reports to ensure required letters and notices are sent within required timeframes
- Image Various documents, including customer correspondence, short sales and settlement packages
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 to 2 years business/administrative support experience
- Knowledge of mortgage collections/servicing processes
- Post high school education preferred or equivalent work experience
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Typing Speed of 45 WPM
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Conditions of Work:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- use of a computer for long periods of time, including typing and viewing monitor
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position’s requirements, it in no way implies/states that these are the only job responsibilities. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and request other duties as necessary.