Indirect Office Based Account Manager - Houston, TX
No. of Positions:
What's the role?
This Indirect Office Based Account Manager role will be an office based account manager role within the Indirect Lubricant Sales organization.
Indirect Office Based Account Manage has full accountability to manage and develop customers in a large geographic territory to deliver agreed margin and volume targets with selective portfolio for lubricant customers (existing and new) via virtual communications - phone and email within assigned geographic territories. F2F connects with customers will be limited so candidate will need to have very strong communication skills to work and deliver results through virtual methods.
The candidate will collaborate with KAMs, FBAMs, ICAMs, DFOA Support Specialist and Customer Operations to drive Customer Experience Excellence
The focus will be working directly with the customers and distributors to ensure complexities are resolved quickly with a streamline approach identifying issues and address long term resolutions.
- Responsible for building strong working relationships with key stakeholders within Direct and Indirect Sales, DFOA Specialist Team, LSC, Credit, finance, Customer Operations and Marketing.
- Understand immediate/long term needs and monitor changing customers' activities and work with other Shell teams and third parties where necessary to provide an efficient and cost effective service to the customer, while maximizing profitability.
- Develop a clear and articulated operational plan to deliver volume, margins and agreed growth targets.
- Focus on growth opportunities, acquisition of new business in line with the business strategies and customer banding.
- Proactively plan and execute customer structured calls that minimize customer facing time and to provide a high level of service with a focus on retaining/expanding existing business relationships.
- Grow business through value/up selling based on a robust understanding of the customer with business challenges and the range of Shell Customer Value Propositions, to offer tailor-made solutions.
- Carry out price negotiations with existing and prospective customers, preparing quotations and proposals and agree on all operational requirements including price, contract and payment terms.
- Understand customer business models, value drivers, challenges and opportunities to tailor offers and services to capture their businesses.
- Consistently apply Sales standards aligning with Shell regulations and policies.
- Identify and implement Continuous Improvement (CI) solutions at Shell and at our customers' premises.
- Comply with safety standard especially Health, Safety, Security, and Environment perspectives as well as act in a responsible and proactive way in handling safety matters.
Commercial Business to Business (B2B)
Country of Work Location:
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Houston - EP Center Americas
What we need from you.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Marketing or any related degrees required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sales required. Preferably virtual sales.
- Proven track record in selling and negotiation
- Good working knowledge of customer operation and financial functions.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (CRM) tool.
- Strong IT literacy on all Office Programs.
- Bilingual would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills .
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels.
- Creditability in Personal and business skills.