Shelby Law Firm is a boutique law firm in Baton Rouge, LA specializing in insurance defense litigation, immigration and successions. We are looking to hire a full time experienced litigation assistant for our office in Baton Rouge, LA. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience within a litigation defense practice. Specific experience with first-party from a defense aspect is strongly preferred.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- 3+ years of experience within a litigation defense practice
- Experience with first-party litigation from a defense aspect
- Proficient in preparing and filing legal documents in both the state and federal courts of Louisiana
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and be a multi-tasker, as this is a busy position
- Organizational skills and ability to maintain the calendar of events and critical dates required
We offer a generous compensation package including competitive hourly pay, paid time off and 401(k) plan. Interested applicants should apply with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Shelby Law Firm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, genetics, marital status, or ancestry.
In addition to federal law requirements, Shelby Law Firm complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
· Litigation Defense: 3 years (Required)
· Legal Assistant: 3 years (Required)
· High school or equivalent (Required)
· Associate’s Degree (Preferred)
· Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
· Baton Rouge, LA 70809 (Required)
Shelby Law Firm
Baton Rouge, LA