- Posted: over a month ago
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you're thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies?
Our team members can take home free snacks!Safety Coordinator
You will play a critical role for the Phoenix manufacturing facility. The Coordinator undertakes operational activities required to meet the site Safety Plan. Activities include facilitating the flow of health & safety information and programs, completing Safety projects, audits and inspections. This is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes exposure to high temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration, and loud noise levels.
Your Seat at the Table
- Participate in and set the example for a compliant safety culture capable of achieving zero incidents and injuries
- Administer behavior based programs to create a brother's keeper safety culture
- Participate in incident and emergency response, investigation, root cause analysis
- Partner with employees and supervisor to complete investigations, identification of root causes for all incidents
- Gather and report safety and environmental metrics
- Conduct safety and environmental risk assessments and audits
- Participate in team based safety processes
- Administer near miss reporting and correction process (including tracking and closure)
- Implement and oversee employee PPE supply and distribution
- Implement safety communications processes (toolbox talks, communication boards, newsletters, etc.)
- Perform safety inspections ( LOTO, Confined Space, Egress, Machine Guarding, etc.)
- Maintain current knowledge of safety regulations and practices through networking and seminars
- Participate in implementation, administration and recordkeeping to ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety requirements
What you bring to the Table
- 2-5 years of job related experience with Safety Focus role in a Manufacturing Environment
- Understanding and implementation of OSHA Compliance
- Experience with training and/or facilitating
- Participation in inspections, implementation, administration and recordkeeping to ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental requirements.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
We offer a feast of benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer's Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer's is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
BusinessView all jobs at Shearer's Foods