Processor Machine Operator
Shearer's Foods Newport, AR
- Expired: June 09, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
NOW HIRING FOR ALL SHIFTS!
Processor Machine Operator 12 Hour Shifts 7A-7P AND 7P-7A
Starting Pay $15.41/hour increases to $18.87 at 1 year
We are holding a hiring event this Tuesday June 15th and we want you to come interview with us!
If you can attend and want to talk to our leaders about a future with Shearers, click on the link below to schedule an interview. Please share with your family and friends! We will be making offers on the spot for qualified candidates!
Click here to schedule your interview
Please complete the application prior to attending the interview
You already ?LOVE? us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
At Shearers, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Your seat at the table
- Set up and operation of industrial food processing equipment.
- Follow precise recipes and work procedures, monitoring and adjusting processing variables.
- Performing product quality tests and data collection.
- Monitor fryer temperatures and oil temperatures to ensure proper oil temperatures are met in order to maintain consistency in product.
- Cleans and changes slicing heads every hour to guarantee standard slicing consistency.
What you bring to the table
- Education High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Language Skills Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to team members in immediate area.
- Mathematical Skills Must be able to do simple math, conversions and use formulas to compute run rates.
- Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Troubleshooting Skills Must have ability to work through problems backwards to find root causes and address issues.
- Computer Skills - Must have basic computer (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills required to run production.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
ManufacturingView all jobs at Shearer's Foods