Continuous Improvement Packaging Technician
Shearer's Foods Waterford, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Waterford, PA - a suburb approximately 14 miles south of Erie, PA.
You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer's is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer's brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com
Continuous Improvement Packaging Technician $19.50/hour
Day Shift - Monday-Friday 7am-3pm (must be flexible to work weekends as needed)
Your seat at the table
The Packaging Technician provides safety, manufacturing and customer service-based leadership to achieve outstanding business results on a specific production system or process. The Continuous Improvement Packaging Technician is the owner of the Centerline Process Daily Management System and responsible for the integrity of the area's data acquisition and reporting system, implements CI initiatives and assists in developing the Line Improvement Teams' technical capability and mastery of process control and data analysis.
What you bring to the table
- Lead with "Safety First" Culture
- Demonstrate technical and business expertise on systems/products/technologies they are responsible for and provide input and suggestions for process improvements as well as for procedure writing and revision.
- Generate work orders and close out minor preventive maintenance using Maintenance Connection (CMMS).
- Perform packaging line / equipment operational tasks that include monitoring and documenting production and equipment performance, trouble-shooting operational problems, staging correct supplies at the packaging line, inspection of packaging, hand packing, etc.
- Complete, review, and in collaboration with Quality Assurance ensure written and electronic documentation is accurate and factual as required by policy, procedure and regulatory guidelines.
- Hold quality and reliability as high standards of production service and clearly communicates these standards to others.
- Assists or signs-off on process control strategies to enable technicians to respond to out of control situations
- Own the Centerline Process Management system for the area: lead process definition to identify centerline targets and document standards and coach team through centerline process execution and problem solving.
- Serve as a technical liaison for technicians as well as plant technical and management resources.
- Owns the integrity of the area's data acquisition and reporting systems
- Demonstrates technical ability to make the connection between raw data and actual manufacturing events and can make that data/process connection for others
- Ability to support operations positions, ability to support all three shifts for training and shift coverage as needed for absences
- Actively participate in and occasionally lead the DO/Tier One meetings and capture daily line performance (metrics) data using LEDS (line event data) system.
- Drive total employee involvement in critical success areas by identifying, recording and solving defects
- Leads/support identification of root cause analyses and addresses identified issues using proper CI tools.
- Drive line improvements daily through advanced data analysis, prioritization of loss elimination opportunities, management of rate strategy and ownership of data integrity.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback and coaching to team members.
Education and Work Experience
- 2+ years previous high-volume manufacturing environment
- High school diploma/GED required. College degree in related field a plus
- The ability to function in a team-based continuous improvement environment
- Excellent scientific, analytical, and diagnostic aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Must have an electro-mechanical aptitude for understanding and maintaining system equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work safely in varying climate conditions
- Ability to manage time effectively and make calculated decisions
- Must be willing to work weekends as needed
The Packaging Technician position is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes:
- Exposure to high temperatures
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Loud noise level
- Elevated Heights
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer's, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Shearer's Foods