- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Shaw Systems is a national software development company that has an established record of solid financial performance and an excellent reputation for providing quality products.
The Corporate Recruiter will report directly to the HR Manager in support of Shaw’s general HR tasks. This role will focus on recruitment efforts for the entire organization. Experience recruiting for technical, development type roles is required. This position has the potential to grow into other areas of the HR department including but not limited to, payroll functions, workforce planning, career path progression, turnover reporting and compensation analysis.
RECRUITMENT - 80%
- Assists with workforce planning activities, such as working with groups to identify staffing challenges to supports recruitment initiatives.
- Utilize multiple creative sourcing techniques to source potential candidates.
- Perform pre-employment activities, including sourcing and screening resumes, conducting phone and/or personal interviews and reference checks, determine education and salary requirements, coordinate pre-employment skills testing, and schedule personal interviews with internal clients.
- Prepare and place advertising for positions, determining best high payoff activities and recommending appropriate resource allocation accordingly.
- Responsible for filling all internal full time positions including, but not limited to, Senior Leadership, Development, QA, DevOps, Security, Administrative, etc.
- When appropriate, works as corporate liaison to recruiting agencies and vendors to fill open positions.
SERVICE - 10%
- Assists with education sessions for employees and leadership, such as new employee orientation. May deliver presentations on basic topics to employees and/or managers.
- Conducts data collection activities; generates and provides basic analysis to reports; and with improvements to respective recruitment, onboarding and offboarding metrics.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Participates in change management initiatives as instructed or required for client group.
- Seeks opportunities to identify self-developmental needs and takes appropriate action. Ensures own career discussions occur with appropriate management.
- Minimum of 2 years recruitment experience on technical roles such as: development, cloud operations, data developers, QA, etc.
- Experience with BambooHR or other ATS systems.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint a must.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities and multiple tasks.
- Capable of handling challenging/difficult situations.
- Ability to collect, interpret and analyze data.
- Experience with hard to fill roles a plus.
- 1+ years’ experience with full like cycle recruitment a plus.
- Experience sourcing for C level or other executive positions highly desired.
This position reports to the Human Resources Manager.
This position may work from any of the following locations: Hybrid office schedule if within 75 miles of the Houston, TX or Richmond, VA office. Remote with the ability to travel at least 5% from the following states: Texas if more than 75 miles from the office location, Virginia if more than 75 miles from the office location, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Minnesota, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Utah.
** Shaw Systems employees are not authorized to work in any state not listed above our outside of the US without specific written permission from their direct manager and approval from the Information Security Office.**
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. The daily schedule may vary from 7 am – 4 pm, 8 am – 5 pm or 9 am – 6 pm, and occasional afterhours or weekend work may be required. Hours may vary or exceed 40 in any given week depending on the needs of the business.
This position requires up to 10% travel domestically.
Shaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local Azure. Shaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BusinessView all jobs at Shaw Systems
Get fresh Software Recruiter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.