Legal Operations Program Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Founded in 1982, Shaw Bransford & Roth is a boutique litigation and government affairs law firm in Washington, D.C. We are a premier federal employment and federal practice group. We represent individuals and federal agencies in a wide array of civil and administrative litigation on employment issues, security clearance proceedings, attorney disciplinary matters, and federal government investigations. Our Government & Public Affairs practice provides a suite of representational and communications services for various federal employee professional associations.
Shaw Bransford & Roth has a unique practice area, within the public employment niche and are seeking a Legal Operations Program Specialist for the firm. We are a tight-knit group of attorneys and professionals. Our workplace emphasizes congeniality. We seek applicants who are self-motivated, value teamwork, collaborations, and employee engagement.
This position provides support to attorneys throughout the office in collaboration and coordination with other professional staff. The selected candidate should be willing to learn software platforms and become adept at proofreading, and document management. The candidate will also be customer-service oriented and have great attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to easily switch gears. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential client information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the firm. The candidate will also provide billing, clerical, and other operational assistance.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations & Client Relations.
This is a full-time, in-office position located in downtown Washington, D.C. (Farragut North Metro-Red Line).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Discretion and maintenance of firm and client matters in the strictest confidence.
• Prepare and process new matter forms, conflict checks, and opening new client files.
• Assist in client billing matters, including time entry and draft billing edits.
• Handle heavy filing, organize, and maintain extensive sets of files, both paper and electronic.
• Perform limited legal research relating to matters of interest.
• Proofread legal documents accurately, prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Responsible for interacting and providing professional level support to all staff and clients.
• Serve as cross- functional point of contact for special projects to support workflow in the firm.
• General office duties such as answer telephones (cover when needed), prepare copies, and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
• Outstanding organizational skills and heavy attention to detail.
• Possess sound independent judgment and common sense with a moderate degree of supervisory attention.
• Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and work across a wide range of office functions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 1-3 years’ experience in an office setting.
• Proficient or Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites
• Excellent time management skills to balance day-to-day responsibilities and participate in special projects.
• Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly.
• Proofreading experience.
• Invoice generation experience.
• Familiarity with legal technologies and software: document management (Worldox), legal research (Pacer, Westlaw), cost and charge back system (TABS3).
SBR provides a robust benefits package to all full-time employees.
Powered by JazzHR