Service Desk Technician
- $40,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level computer related support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Resolve issues for clients via phone, in person, or electronically
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Apple’s core business applications and operating systems.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving our clients core business applications.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- 1-3 years of IT or related experience
- A+, Network+, CCT, CCENT, CMNA, MCP Certifications a plus
· Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
· Premier health, dental, and vision benefits
· 401K Retirement Plan
· Full on the job training & support.
· Fun working environment and culture
· Work from home days
· Great opportunity for advancement
Fun Working Environment and Culture, Great Benefits, Growing Business
Shartega IT is a leading managed IT provider in Chicago IL and surrounding areas. Our mission is to provide business with a Complete IT management and support solution, acting as a trusted partner to ensure IT works all the time every time for the company and protect its critical data and customers so they can focus on their core business.
Shartega IT, Inc.
1350 E. Touhy Ave. Suite 350EDes Plaines, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.