IT Systems Engineer
- $60,000 to $75,000 Yearly
The System Engineer is a strategic technical position within the organization. This position is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of current and new customer’s networks, coordinating complex projects with current and new customers, and implementing Shartega Powered solutions.
- Design, implementation, and support services for Cisco related technologies: Switching, Routing, Wireless, VoIP
- Design, implementation, and support services for security related technologies: Next-Gen Firewalls, Next-Gen Anti-Malware Software
- Design, implementation, and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office 365, Windows Server, Windows Desktop Operating System
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of project and/or incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security. Escalation support for systems support team.
- Engineer and implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs.
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- MBA/MS preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of IT or related experience.
- Professional IT Certifications are required, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health and dental benefits included.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
- Continued Education Opportunities and Goals related to acquiring and maintaining Professional IT Certifications
Fun Working Environment and Culture, Great Benefits, Growing Business
Shartega IT is a leading managed IT provider in Chicago IL and surrounding areas. Our mission is to provide business with a Complete IT management and support solution, acting as a trusted partner to ensure IT works all the time every time for the company and protect its critical data and customers so they can focus on their core business.
Shartega IT, Inc.
1350 E. Touhy Ave. Suite 350ESchaumburg, IL
Get fresh IT Systems Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.