Geriatric Outpatient Physician Opening in San Diego, CA
- $225,000 to $250,000 Yearly
San Diego, California- East County
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group
Sharp Extended Care Program
Live and work in San Diego, California boasting miles of sandy beaches, incredible weather, major attractions, amazing outdoor activities and one of the most popular tourist destinations on the West Coast. San Diego is family friendly, with a diverse geography delivering a multitude of housing options and top-rated school districts.
- Group has 19 clinic locations throughout San Diego
- SRSMG is a large, physician led, multi-specialty group that offers patients convenient, coordinated & integrated care
- Group provides patients a full range of services across 29 different specialties in medicine
- Integrated EMR system allows for seamless communication among group PCP's & specialists
Must be board eligible/board-certified physician in family medicine or internal medicine with a geriatric fellowship preferred to join our Sharp Extended Care (SEC) Department
Coverage at a skilled nursing facility in East County
Duties of Position:
- Provide care in a skilled nursing facility, including admissions, rounding, and discharging patients for both Sharp Rees-Stealy and Sharp Community Medical Group. Will also provide care to custodial patients of Sharp Rees-Stealy patients.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm – expected to provide eight hours of patient contact per day.
- 1 weekend coverage a month (Friday 6pm-Monday 7am)
- Twice a month weeknight call (5pm -7am). By phone call only.
- No Hospital inpatient care
- Lead family conferences/conversations
- Support from Sharp Extended Care Case manager and Social worker.
- Participate and lead weekly IDT meetings
- Attend operations meeting at primary SEC facility and Division meetings.
- Competitive starting salary with full comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to become a shareholder in the group after your second year of employment
- Starting annual base salary of $225,000-$250,000/year. The posted annual salary does not include bonuses or incentives related to the position.
- Apply now for more detailed information!
*For more information about the Sharp Extended Care Program and Skilled Nursing Facilities, visit: https://www.sharp.com/services/skilled-nursing/extended-care.cfm
About the Group:
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, with 19 locations offering services such as primary and specialty care, laboratory, physical therapy, radiology, pharmacy and urgent care.
Founded in 1923, SRSMG was San Diego’s first multispecialty medical group. Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group has more than 600 physicians, 100 advanced practice providers and 2,800 staff members representing virtually every field of medicine dedicated to delivering the extraordinary level of caring called ‘The Sharp Experience’. ‘The Sharp Experience’ combines clinical excellence, advanced technology and patient- and family-centered care.
- Group named as San Diego’s Best Medical Group in the San Diego’s Best Union-Tribune Readers Poll.
- Group achieved “Top 10% Recognition for Quality” by the Integrated Healthcare Association.
- Recognized by America’s Physician Groups in “Standards of Excellence Elite Status” 12 years in a row.
- Recognized for quality results and received full accreditation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance for our disease management program.
- Named Acclaim Award Winner by the American Medical Group Association signifying Sharp Rees-Stealy as one of the top medical groups in the nation.
- Named one of California’s top performing medical groups by the California State Office of the Patient Advocate in its edition of the Health Care Quality Report Card.
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical GroupSan Diego, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.