Infection Control Nurse / Staff Development Coordinator
- Posted: 22 days ago
We enrich the lives of those we serve by providing a nurturing environment that fosters joy, purpose, and well-being. Sharon Towers is a continuing care retirement community located near the heart of SouthPark. We are a non-profit long term care facility that offers independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care. At Sharon Towers our team member's number one responsibility is to deliver compassionate resident care every time!
The primary focus of the Infection Control Preventionist / Staff Development Coordinator is to plan, organize, develop, coordinate, and direct our infection control program in accordance with current federal, state, and local regulations. They are to ensure the facility complies with regulatory requirements, relating to staff credentialing and education. The coordinator will provide services associated with the ongoing professional development of staff in the licensed area of the facility. As the facilities infection control nurse, they would oversee the infection control programs and antibiotic stewardship programs. This position will require availability, as needed, to work occasional evenings, nights and weekends for in-service training.
In compliance with new federal requirements for Long Term Care, Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a RN or LPN in North Carolina
- BLS CPR Certification
- Infection Control Certification strongly preferred
- Must have primary professional training in nursing, medical technology, microbiology, epidemiology, or other related fields
- Must work at least part-time (as required by CMS) in infection control, and completed specialized training in infection prevention and control
- Demonstrates analytical skills i.e. calculation of infection rates.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and project planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- 1-3 years experience with geriatrics or post-acute care
- 2-3 years of infection prevention and control experience
- 1-2 years experience in supervising in a hospital or nursing facility.
- 1-2 years of long-term care teaching and in-service training
- A working knowledge of clinical nursing practices and the job functions of nursing home employees preferred
- Full Time
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift, climb, or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required on this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May work on a computer; up to 8 hours in a day.
Sharon Towers is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Taking care of our residents begins with taking care of our Employees.
Company's website: www.sharontowers.org
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive benefit package for Full-Time employees
- Bi-weekly direct deposit
- Subsidized employee meal program
- Generous Paid leave time
- Free Parking
- Matching 401(k) contributions
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite fitness and aquatic center
- Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union
- Employee Assistance program
COVID precautions are in place and onsite testing may be required. Throughout this pandemic, Sharon Towers has not had to lay off any employees, nor reduce scheduled hours. The health and safety of our employees has been a top priority for us throughout this pandemic. We care for our employees with competitive pay, affordable benefits, and numerous employee appreciation events.
HealthcareView all jobs at Sharon Towers
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?