- Posted: August 03, 2022
We enrich the lives of those we serve by providing a nurturing environment that fosters joy, purpose, and well-being. Sharon Towers is a continuing care retirement community for senior residents located near the heart of SouthPark. We are a non-profit long term care facility that offers independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care. At Sharon Towers our team member's number one responsibility is to deliver compassionate resident care every time!
HVAC techs are responsible for the upkeep/repair and safety of the physical equipment and the property of the facility.
HVAC techs focus will be HVAC work orders and HVAC PMs.
In compliance with new federal requirements for Long Term Care, Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to:
- Inspect, repair, and install HVAC equipment including refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, condensers, cooling towers, pumps, automatic valves, expansion valves.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration units, boilers, gas and electrically operated air conditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs; service and repair evaporative coolers.
- Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including thermostats, fan controls, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, welder, torch, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle; maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool inventory.
- Perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors and wiring systems as needed; connect motors to control panels.
- Test and examine boiler operations, conduct boiler water quality test and treatment.
- Lubricate, motors, pumps, fans, and other equipment.
- Install and calibrate systems; install copper tubing and repair pipes and tubing as necessary; test joints and insulate pipes of refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
- Maintain related records concerning time, labor and materials; maintain log of tasks performed and write reports as required using WorxHub.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Active North Carolina state-issued HVAC journeyman or masters HVAC license.
- EPA 608 universal certification
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Available to be on call.
- Work weekend shifts, 8 hour a days.
- Hours and shifts can be adjusted by Director as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES include, but not limited to:
- To perform this job successfully techs must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Standard practices of the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
- Theory of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Materials, methods and tools used in the operation and repair of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Applicable building codes, ordinances and regulations of State and local authorities pertaining to HVAC, refrigeration and boilers.
- Welding and soldering techniques.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities.
- Diagnose defects, and install, repair and maintain heating, ventilating, refrigeration, and air-conditioning units.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Maintain routine records and prepare reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School education or equivalent
- Two years of documentable HVAC journeyman level operation, maintenance and repair experience in the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
- The employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, crawl, lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Full Time
Sharon Towers is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Taking care of our residents begins with taking care of our Employees.
Company's website: www.sharontowers.org
- Starting rate based of level of skill in this position
- Comprehensive benefit package for Full-Time employees
- Bi-weekly direct deposit
- Subsidized employee meal program
- Generous Paid leave time
- Free Parking
- Matching 401(k) contributions
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite fitness and aquatic center
- Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union
- Employee Assistance program
COVID precautions are in place and onsite testing may be required. Throughout this pandemic, Sharon Towers has not had to lay off any employees, nor reduce scheduled hours. The health and safety of our employees has been a top priority for us throughout this pandemic. We care for our employees with competitive pay, affordable benefits, and numerous employee appreciation events.
ConstructionView all jobs at Sharon Towers