- Expired: December 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We enrich the lives of those we serve by providing a nurturing environment that fosters joy, purpose, and well-being. Sharon Towers is a continuing care retirement community for senior residents located near the heart of SouthPark. We are a non-profit long term care facility that offers independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care. At Sharon Towers our team member's number one responsibility is to deliver compassionate resident care every time!
The Exercise Physiologist will operate in conjunction with the Health and Fitness Manager and the Director of Vitality and Well-being to support the comprehensive, multi-dimensional and holistic program of offerings for the residents and employees of Sharon Towers. The overall goal of the position will be to utilize exercise prescription for the intent of designing appropriate programs that meet both needs and interests of all residents and team members.
In compliance with new federal requirements for Long Term Care, Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to:
- Represents the company in a positive manner while creating an environment that fosters respect and courtesy for residents, employees, vendors and professional partners alike. Works within the company programs to promote safety and the well-being of all residents and employees.
- Reviews needs and desires of residents with health and fitness manager to create a list of potential programs to meet said needs and desires.
- Designs and implements determined programs. This includes but is not limited to research, assessment selection or creation, program design, marketing, communication, delivery, and follow-up of program to the residents and/or team members.
- Contributes to resident and team member communication with wellness and health related tips and/or content.
- Supports and/or facilitates resident fitness orientations in the Fitness Room.
- Learns the Vitality Discovery process and facilitates for new residents and existing residents. This includes but is not limited to assisting with paperwork (health history, goal setting), conducting a Senior Fitness Test, and constructing recommendations for the residents based on an exercise prescription basis.
- Contributes to and maintains participation data for the Vitality and Well-being Department; includes daily tracking and data entry into a web-based benchmark system.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES include, but not limited to:
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to recognize abnormal signs and symptoms, which signify a physical change in condition, which would require nursing interventions and notifies nursing of these observations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- S. or M.S. in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field required
- Certifications from ACSM, ACE, AFAA, NSCA, IDEA, or NASM required
- Experience with leading group fitness classes required
- Experience working with older adults desired
- Climb up to two flights of stairs occasionally
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head
- Move objects of 40 pounds or less
- Full Time
- 40 Hours
Sharon Towers is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Recruitment, employment, promotional and all other human resource decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or genetic information. Taking care of our residents begins with taking care of our Employees.
Company's website: www.sharontowers.org
- Starting rate based of level of skill in this position
- Comprehensive benefit package for Full-Time employees
- Bi-weekly direct deposit
- Subsidized employee meal program
- Generous Paid leave time
- Free Parking
- Matching 401(k) contributions
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite fitness and aquatic center
- Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union
- Employee Assistance program
COVID precautions are in place and onsite testing may be required. Throughout this pandemic, Sharon Towers has not had to lay off any employees, nor reduce scheduled hours. The health and safety of our employees has been a top priority for us throughout this pandemic. We care for our employees with competitive pay, affordable benefits, and numerous employee appreciation events.
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Sharon Towers
Get fresh Physiologist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.