Tissue Recovery Coordinator
Sharing Hope Columbia, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Tissue Recovery Coordinator responds to tissue recovery cases and provides technical support for all aspects of tissue recovery for transplant and research. The Tissue Recovery Coordinator is responsible for the intraoperative leadership of the recovery team and communication to a team of other medical professional, including hospital personnel, funeral home staff and coroner or medical examiner professionals. To this audience they are the operative expert for the tissue recovery process. The Tissue Recovery Coordinator performs other clinical support related responsibilities during their scheduled on-call and office shifts and on an as needed basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Performs recovery of tissue(s) for transplant and/or research in accordance with Sharing Hope SC policies.
2. Must be available to work a minimum thirteen 24 hour On-Call shifts (or equivalent) per month. including weekends and holidays.
3. Completes all tissue recovery cases started; works past scheduled shift times without relief when required.
4. Follows, interprets, and implements all applicable standard operating procedures, regulations, and
policies to ensure compliance.
5. Oversees tissue recovery process to ensure safety and compliance with all applicable standard operating procedures, regulations, and policies.
6. Attains and maintains competency in the recovery of tissues from transplant, including musculoskeletal, skin, cardiovascular, and other specialized tissues, through onsite competency assessments and/or competency testing as well as additional training provided.
7. Performs/supervises the collection, packaging, and shipment of tissue.
8. Performs clerical administrative functions in order to provide correct, complete documentation and ensure tissue safety and staff competency.
9. Serves as a representative of We Are Sharing Hope SC. Displays respect for the donor and donor family at all times and maintains donor confidentiality. Communicates clearly to other agencies and departments.
10. Performs quality control practices as defined by policy and procedures.
11. Attends departmental meetings and completes required training and readings to ensure compliance and keep abreast of field.
12. Actively seeks information pertinent to current donation and transplantation issues.
13. Participates in continuous quality improvement as identified by the staff/departments/management.
14. May function as a surgical first assistant to transplant surgery personnel on organ donor recoveries.
15. May function as a surgical scrub for organ recovery cases.
16. Maintains confidentiality of donor information in accordance with We Are Sharing Hope SC policies.
17. Travel by personal auto, charter or commercial aircraft is required.
18. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record.
19. Regularly attends and actively participates in recovery staff meetings and other We Are Sharing Hope SC activities.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
HealthcareView all jobs at Sharing Hope