Shared Health Services is looking to fill a PRN role for Hyperbaric Technician at Halifax Health Medical Center. Must have prior experience as an Respiratory Therapist (RT), Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), Military Corpsman, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Paramedic, or Certified Hyperbaric Technician (CHT). Will provide paid training for this position at no cost to the candidate.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Hyperbaric Technician is responsible for providing hyperbaric medicine treatments to the patients seen by this service in accordance with accepted protocols, clinical standards, and prescribed by a qualified physician. Responsibilities include patient care, quality control of equipment, invasive and noninvasive monitoring, wound dressings, accurate and timely record keeping, and the safe performance of hyperbaric treatments. The Hyperbaric Technician is responsible for care of patients varying in age from infants to geriatric patients. The Hyperbaric Technician must be willing to perform other duties as required.
This position requires good verbal communication and administrative skills. Responsibilities include preparing and maintaining necessary departmental/hospital documentation, as well as patient charting utilizing basic computer skills. There will be extensive requirements for interacting with patients, family members and clinical personnel in a professional manner.
The Hyperbaric Technician should be able to exercise initiative and sound independent judgment when caring for patients within the department. He/she will on occasion be required to work in an emotionally charged environment with possible life and death ramifications, demanding high levels of concentration.
- Prepare patient for HBO treatment using the current safety and clinical protocols provided
- Maintain complete and accurate patient records/charts as they pertain to treatment documentation
- Reinforce education as it relates to HBO therapy
- Perform hyperbaric chamber operations as required
- Perform duties and procedures as directed by supervisor/medical director
- Participate in quality improvement program
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Position requires the ability to walk and stand most of the day.
- Must be able to turn, twist and bend repetitively through the day.
- Technician may be required to crouch, stoop and reach high places.
- Able to carry, push, pull and handle patients in addition to multiple pieces of equipment such as oxygen and air tanks.
-Ability to use hands and fingers to handle/feel objects, tools and controls is required.
- Able to visually accommodate with good color vision, depth perception and wide field of vision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The Hyperbaric Technician must have prior experience as an RT, RRT, CRT, LPN, RN, Military Corpsman, EMT, Paramedic, or CHT . Must hold current BLS, and prefer ACLS certification and license in the state of practice. Technician maintains required professional certification within the state of practice. Must attend HBO introductory course within 6 months of employment and obtain Certified Hyperbaric Technician (CHT) credential within 18 months of employment. Technician will obtain continuing education credits to maintain CHT credential.
Shared Health Servcies
Daytona Beach, FL