Assistant Project Manager Commercial Construction
Shamrock Building Systems, Inc. Smyrna, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assistant Project Manager- Commercial Construction
Shamrock Building Systems Inc. - Smyrna, GA Shamrock Building Systems, Inc. is looking to add a highly motivated Assistant Project Manager to our company for an immediate opening. We are a Design Build General Contractor specializing in the self storage industry, commercial, and industrial markets. Shamrock Building Systems, Inc. has been in business for over 30 years and committed to providing high quality construction at a competitive price.
Summary: The Assistant Project Manager will assist Senior Project Managers who are responsible for managing the design build construction process from inception to completion. The Assistant Project Manager is ultimately responsible for the successful completion of assigned projects, on budget, on time, while maintaining quality.
Assistant Project Manager Position:
- Strong computer skills and ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project
- Established knowledge of ground up commercial construction
- Assist in the preconstruction and buy-out processes
- Drafts accurate scopes of work to be included in subcontracts and/or purchase order agreements
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of the project plan and updates
- Monitors material and equipment deliveries/shipping commitments to ensure project team is aware of status and potential project schedule impacts
- Ensures subcontract agreements and amendments are issued and follow up if necessary
- Understands contract terms and obligations to ensure work in progress is within scope
- Assists in the resolution of issues with subcontractors, vendors, architects and owners
- Contributes to ensuring project completion is on time or ahead of schedule and with the expected level of profitability
- Ability to read drawings
- Professional level writing skills appropriate for correspondence including subcontracts, reports and responses to various clients, contractors and other agencies
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, quality control and production in all divisions of commercial construction
- Experienced in managing multiple projects
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent Construction Management experience
- Minimum 1 year successful experience in commercial construction. A strong internship or co-op experience will be considered.
Shamrock Building Systems, Inc.
1298 Concord Road SESmyrna, GA
ConstructionView all jobs at Shamrock Building Systems, Inc.