Shahrish Shuvo Engineering P.C. is a multi-disciplinary full service engineering and construction management firm for infrastructure and facilities projects doing business in the New York and New Jersey area.
Shahrish is seeking a motivated Senior mechanical engineer with experience in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and fire protection systems to join our progressive team at our New York, NY office. Candidates should have a professional, pleasant demeanor with ability to work in fast paced environment.
We offer a challenging, growth oriented work environment; and an abundance of opportunities to expand engineering knowledge and skills and build professional relationships.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Will be responsible for performing mechanical calculations, providing code research and designing HVAC and plumbing systems for various commercial office buildings, interior office tenants, retail, multi-family residential and other projects.
- Conducting field surveys on various projects.
- Prepare written reports and studies
- Interact with clients
- Develop design and technical solutions through all phases of a project, from feasibility to construction documentation
- Conduct site visits during the construction phase
- Provide timely analytical solutions to evaluate mechanical configurations from a structural viewpoint
- Perform Construction assistance tasks such as review mechanical shop drawings, review and respond to RFIs and attend site meetings
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Performing designs in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Coordination with Architects, owners, expediters, and other disciplines
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master's degree preferred.
- New York State or New Jersey State PE license preferable
- 5 years’ experience in residential and commercial projects, particularly multi-family buildings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to produce and manage a project from programming through design and construction administration, in a team environment
- Experience with construction administration of projects, including shop drawings review, site visits and reports
- Physical ability to perform occasional inspections
- Familiarity with construction drawing standards; and experience preparing preliminary and/or detail design drawings.
- Excellent attention to detail, organized and strong problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter, and team player.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clarity and concision, both verbal and written.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401K and paid time off