We are seeking a Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist to join our team! The phlebotomist will draw blood for tests, transfusions, donations, or research.
- Collect and store blood samples from patients
- Assist physicians and other providers with exams and procedures
- Call or fax or e-prescriptions to pharmacies
- Collect data about previous health, medical and surgical history from patients
- Collect specimens for lab tests
- Document in paper or electronic medical records
- Enter data from monitoring and tracking systems such and vaccine and medication refrigerators, sterilization devices and other quality or safety data
- Handle and route office mail
- Manage medical records
- Manage specialty referrals
- Measure patent vital signs (pulse, blood pressure, pulse, and temperature), height and weight
- Order medical and office supplies and medications
- Perform billing tasks
- Perform in-office lab tests
- Perform specialized testing such as EKGs
- Provide patient education as directed by the doctor or other provider
- Support Front Desk as-needed basis.
- Previous experience in phlebotomy, nursing, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Strong organizational skills
Shah Medical Center
Why Work Here?
Opportunity to earn 40 hours' pay if you can complete every week.